Author Topic: Thursday 13th January 2011 Will There Be A big thaw as Lib Dem Vote Melts?  (Read 15581 times)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Re: Thursday 13th January 2011 Will There Be A big thaw as Lib Dem Vote Melts?
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2010, 06:00:56 pm »
No...I don't say many things, observations are usually gathered from facts, but seeing as I don't know you in real life (and have no intention of doing so) I can have a quick stab at why your an uptight rightie.

1. You were assaulted by a labourite
2. Your stuck in the past and can't move on
3. Your underwear is so tight its like your smuggling raisins and compensate by blaming labour.
4. You never eat anything or sleep so your seriously cranky.
5. Labour have wronged you in someway and now they are gone there's feck all you can do to them?
6. Your so angry at labour for not getting into govt again your trying desperately spur them into acton by slagging them off.
7 your so angry that the coalition (lib dem and tories) is in power, after no party being able to gain the trust you need to strike out.

Anyway just my observations....no need to reply 20 I doubt you'll be arrogant enough
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2010, 06:37:00 pm »
Um, because I can read, maybe? The response that's arisen due to somebody outside the clique deviating from the overall tone slightly really does speak volumes.
:clap: Well it's obvious that you can read 20EYES, no one is disputing the fact.

If you are suggesting that TS members are 'cliquey' then this is your perception and your opionion.

I have been a member of TS for a good few years now, and there have been many debates. During those debates, there have been some members who have stood in agreement with each other while others have not . This does not make people cliquey, it mearly demonstrates that to have a good debate, you need to look at the view points from both sides .

A clique - is a group or a place, and as you are posting on here implies that you are a member (you have to be to post) - so you must also be part of the clique 'TS' group/forum.

[quoteQuote from: Chav on Today at 05:10:44 PM
I think you will find that Talk Swindon consists of people from all walks of life including differentiation in party political followers/beliefs/non-beliefs etc. They maybe 'watchers, contributors, regular contributors.

Yes, that's the party line. I almost fell for it last week, on the basis that if enough people say it enough times, there must be some truth in it. However, a couple of the more recent posts on this particular thread have persuaded me otherwise. There is most definitely a 'tone' here - and if you don't fit/agre with that tone, it seems you're viewed as trying to undermine the forum.[/quote]

I stand by the following because its how I percieve TS to be , you will obvisously dismiss this because that is not how you percieve it to be. My point is 20EYEs, we are all very different and each poster on this forum has contributions to make, points to get across in his/her unique way.
So what ever 'tone' you are picking up on is via your own perception.  :santa_afro:

I think you will find that Talk Swindon consists of people from all walks of life including differentiation in party political followers/beliefs/non-beliefs etc. They maybe 'watchers, contributors, regular contributors.

Chav
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2010, 07:00:44 pm »
If you are suggesting that TS members are 'cliquey' then this is your perception and your opionion.

Absolutely, that's definitely my perception and my opinion. 

I have been a member of TS for a good few years now, and there have been many debates. During those debates, there have been some members who have stood in agreement with each other while others have not . This does not make people cliquey, it mearly demonstrates that to have a good debate, you need to look at the view points from both sides .

As I say, it's often hard to see things clearly, in terms of what 'outsiders' would see, when you're in the middle of the clique.

A clique - is a group or a place, and as you are posting on here implies that you are a member (you have to be to post) - so you must also be part of the clique 'TS' group/forum.

Ah, right, so there are never cliques within cliques. I see. So, any child who goes to a school must automatically just be in the same clique as every other child who goes to that school. Yes, I see your point, that works...

I stand by the following because its how I percieve TS to be , you will obvisously dismiss this because that is not how you percieve it to be. My point is 20EYEs, we are all very different and each poster on this forum has contributions to make, points to get across in his/her unique way.
So what ever 'tone' you are picking up on is via your own perception.  :santa_afro:

Agreed. As a person who's not in the clique, my perception is that it's fairly cliquey. Your perception, from within the clique, is that it's not. I totally agree with you.

That's true, but it's not quite the point I'm making. For example, if you read the Guardian online, you will see that a percentage of the reader comments are glaringly right-wing. There is clearly a much wider, overall, member demographic on that website than this one... but I don't suppose anyone would seriously attempt to suggest that the overall tone of the reader comments are not left-wing.

Sure, this forum has a relatively wide range of members, but the ones who post frequently all tend to agree about the same topics. Indeed, one poster appears to think that somebody holding an opposite view is planting 'seeds of discord'.

If that poster didn't think that most people thought the same way as him, how on earth could an opposite view be considered to be 'discordant'?

I mean, seriously, think about this line:

Reinforcing prejudice and inflaming ignorance is not helpful to debate but useful in creating dischord.

Just because I neither trust nor like the left-wing? Seriously?!? Because somebody challenges your political stance they're 'Reinforcing prejudice and inflaming ignorance'? This is the same language that the left have used, for many years, to shut down any opposing view point. I can only assume it's because they're scared of people knowing the truth about them.

How could anyone create 'discord' unless that particular poster believes the majority around him/here all think the same way in the first place?
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2010, 07:10:52 pm »
My experience of people I've met/known that are staunchly left-wing.

... and numerous issues and threads through-out the history of TS prove that many of the people who are disagreeing with you now are anything but left wing. And for most people, even if they don't agree with a left wing philosophy, at least they can understand the motivations that pursuade people to follow it - being left wing doesn't mean that their opinion has to be automatically be dismissed. Hell, we don't even do that to the BNP round here - though I suspect many of us are in the process of making an exception for you  :santa_afro:

It makes interacting with you rather boring and pointless because you insist on ascribing a false allegiance onto a bunch of otherwise free thinking people (or a 'clique' - I guess you're more used to speaking to people who agree with you eh? - *whoever/whatever * they might be  :santa_afro:).

I think thats a shame, because we can't then explore the nature of opinion or whether it holds up to logical examination... Actually, on one level maybe it does. If you can only polarise your view of those who question your fabulous insight as idiots or lefties, you've told us everything about you that we need to know.

There is most definitely a 'tone' here - and if you don't fit/agre with that tone, it seems you're viewed as trying to undermine the forum.

Geoff's opinion is merely one. He and I regularly disagree. Go have a look for yourself. I regularly disagree with Simon - and Mellon (and all of us with each other). The same is true all the way across the threads of this forum from numerous contributors. Go read for yourself.

This is maybe another example. I don't think you're trying to undermine the forum. Count me in support on that. However, trying to label any view which points out the falacies of your philosophy as 'leftie' when its so patently obviously untrue does rather invite that thought.

If you manage to unite opinion against, maybe you need to ask yourself why - though I guess a bit of honest introspection isn't something you do very often, is it? Perhaps the most telling conclusion isn't about TS, but about YOU and the views you hold and the justifications with which you defend them.

Just an opinion...

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »
Ah, right, so there are never cliques within cliques. I see. So, any child who goes to a school must automatically just be in the same clique as every other child who goes to that school. Yes, I see your point, that works...

Depends if they go to the same school  :santa_smiley:
Then within that school - they are still unique individuals, as are posters who use TS.

In fact come to think of it - I see schools as communities.

so 20EYEs you have your opinion and I have mine and I respect that  :santa_afro:
I am sure that you will agree that we all have a right to voice our opions be they the same or different in viewpoint !

At the end of the day to agree or disagree, in a group or alone ...... well thats just life !
Its learning to respect the differences of others even if you do not agree.

Happy New Year to you 20EYES  :santa_smiley:
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2010, 07:26:47 pm »
How could anyone create 'discord' unless that particular poster believes the majority around him/here all think the same way in the first place?

Does anyone on here agree with 20? 
Frankly, it matters not what any us does or doesn't think. The Council will f**k up whatever and wherever they see fit... which will be any area that coincides with them having any decision to make.
   http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=1026.msg6199#msg6199

Does this include Rod Bluh as leader?

To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline A Mole

• Hello !
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2010, 07:41:14 pm »
Wow!  I actually totally agree with 20Eyes!  See 20Eyes ol' china, I also think Rod Bluh will f*ck-up on every decision that needs to be made too.

You and I are now a clique.  Nice one son ;-)

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2010, 08:50:40 pm »
'Yeah, bloody Bluh, what an arse'?

Happy now?
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline James

• Charter Member
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2010, 09:15:48 pm »
Personally I think you need the odd bit of grit...so you can make a pearl by covering it until it can no longer cause iritation.

btw, is anyone going to defend Mr Bluh? He must be doing something right, surely?

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:07 pm »
Nope, got me there.

Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline A Mole

• Hello !
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2010, 10:02:17 pm »
Nope, no-one seems to want to defend a narcissistic chartered accountant, embarrassingly out of his depth who is obsessed with "leaving a legacy".  Ironically, it sounds similar to Tony Blair.  Except instead the legacy won't be Iraq, it will be WiFiasco.

Even the pantomime dame, 20Eyes, has gone on record to say he thinks Bluh will f*ck up every decision he makes.  And 20Eyes usually worships out-of-touch, elitist f*cktards.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2010, 10:36:21 pm »
Personally I think you need the odd bit of grit...so you can make a pearl by covering it until it can no longer cause iritation.

The problem is when the grit causes an 'abrasion' which festers and ends up infected

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2010, 10:42:22 pm »
'Will' I think that should be connected with 'has started'. The leader of the council already has a few things under his belt that have gone awry Wifiasco, the platform, the canal, intervention of the Mechanics Institute, Central library, Regents Circus.

AND COMING SOON....

CCTV - "More of your money disappears faster then a greased up Tuna"

Council Talk - "Killing freedom of speech...one word at a time"

106 - "We Should Inform you.....not 'must' " 

Grannies on ice - " A new reality tv show live from swindon "

Sorry I seem to have got caught up in the moment.....it was the heat of the moment....

:santa_azn:
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2010, 10:44:33 pm »

The problem is when the grit causes an 'abrasion' which festers and ends up infected

ewwwww

Offline 20Eyes

« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2010, 10:01:27 am »
Even the pantomime dame, 20Eyes, has gone on record to say he thinks Bluh will f*ck up every decision he makes.  And 20Eyes usually worships out-of-touch, elitist f*cktards.

Interesting. So, who is it that you think I 'worship' then?

This thread really is highlighting my point about this forum very wonderfully. That none of you appear to realise it makes it all the more delicious.
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2010, 11:07:55 am »
Which points that 20?

Offline A Mole

• Hello !
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2010, 12:02:43 pm »
20Eyes, how have you got the time to post so much on TS?  I know you have that obsessive-compulsive disorder which forces you to try and have the last word but still...(I sympathise as I have a similar compulsion - to highlight what a trolling goonberg you really are) 

See I thought you'd be too busy with all your wandering around Old Town with your clipboard and biro, complaining to the Council about parking spaces....Or did you cure that particular obsessional streak...??

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2010, 03:00:19 pm »
Interesting. So, who is it that you think I 'worship' then?

The wonderful, balanced and intellectually unchallengable face that gazes out at you from the mirror?

:santa_grin:

This thread really is highlighting my point about this forum very wonderfully. That none of you appear to realise it makes it all the more delicious.

Oh, the irony once again. Its a common paradox that the self obesessed have very little self awareness...

:2funny:

Comon' 20 - come clean - what was your Adver comments section pseudonym?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline 20Eyes

« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2010, 03:00:48 pm »
20Eyes, how have you got the time to post so much on TS?  I know you have that obsessive-compulsive disorder which forces you to try and have the last word but still...(I sympathise as I have a similar compulsion - to highlight what a trolling goonberg you really are) 

See I thought you'd be too busy with all your wandering around Old Town with your clipboard and biro, complaining to the Council about parking spaces....Or did you cure that particular obsessional streak...??

Good time management I suppose.

Offline A Mole

• Hello !
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2010, 06:05:34 pm »
Well wrap up warm and sharpen that pencil for another of your fascinating complaint letters to the Council eh old bean...

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.