  • Gender: Male
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Michael Wills Replies....
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 02:33:43 pm »

Michael Wills Replies....

From: xxxxxx, Louise [mailto:xxxxxx@parliament.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:48 PM
To: geoff reid
Subject: RE: From Michael Wills MP

Dear Geoff

Thank you for this email. However, I am afraid I do not understand why you have reached the patronising and condescending conclusions about me that you have. You asked me a general question and I gave you a general answer. If you would like to ask me more detailed and specific questions, I shall do my best to provide you with detailed and specific answers. I should also be grateful if you could send me your address so that I can confirm you are one of my North Swindon constituents.

You will be aware that the opposition to ID cards is based on both principled and practical grounds and I should be grateful if you could specify which concern you most. There is a libertarian objection which is sustainable (even though I do not agree with it for reasons I should be happy to detail if this is what concerns you) however practical or impractical the implementation of policy may be. Then there are those who object on practical grounds - in other words, they are prepared to accept ID cards but fear that their implementation may be too costly and/or ineffective. Much of the Parliamentary discussion has been confused about these two points and many in  the opposition parties have tried, as politicians sometimes do, to conflate the two issues. In my view, this is not helpful to a sensible discussion of an important issue.

Finally, I am afraid I see little purpose in spending time contributing to general discussions on a website which are inevitably limited to an unrepresentative and restricted number of my constituents.However, I remain willing, as I always have been, to answer any questions that constituents may have about my views and to do so as promptly and fully as possible.

Yours sincerely

Michael

Pretty much as expected.

Offline Geoff Reid

  • Active But Odd
  • Member
  • ****
  • Gender: Male
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: August 4 200 press rel
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 04:02:36 pm »
My, (presumably), last communication with Michael Wills.