Author Topic: Wi Fi delays - a small minority responsible  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Bobby Bingo

Re: Wi Fi delays - a small minority responsible
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 03:17:38 pm »
Could not access the video it is X rated and I had the child lock on.
But to be serious this should be transmitted on the big screen at Wharf Green.
Music to accompony the Video  "Lies, Lies Tell Me Sweet Little Lies"
Bobby

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 04:23:03 pm »
Very odd - the page has been deleted from the SBC site!!!

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 04:30:23 pm »
Des
It has not beeh deleted I have just clicked on the lead given in Geoff's latest contribution and up it came.
Bobby

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 04:39:38 pm »
Hi Bobby Bingo this was what i got - am i doing something wrong?

Swindon Borough Council
Page Not Found
Swindon Borough Council Council Web Site - Page Not Found ( 404 ) Error

We're sorry but /www.swindon.gov.uk/latestnew...

is currently unavailable. Swindon Borough Council Webmaster has been made aware of the problem and will investigate it as soon as possible.

The Swindon Borough Council Home Page can be found here

If you wish to make any further comments please use the FeedBack form.

Swindon Borough Council Web Team

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 05:13:14 pm »
Des,

In Geoff's original post, there are 2 URLs: the one within the quoted text is broken; the one at the top of the posting works (I've reposted the working one here for ease of finding):

http://www.steam-museum.org.uk/latestnews/latestnewsheader/news/newsitemdisplayv2.htm?itemid=135507

Moley

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:12 pm »

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that the URL carried on my FOI to www.whatdotheyknow.com had become truncated. Thanks  :)

I've now corrected my original cut and paste quote.

In the video, I particularly enjoyed hearing Rikki Hunt say of his own scheme: "It's a wacky idea!" and Roderick Bluh, the man behind lending Hunt £450,000 of our money, say: "Let's rise up above the details"

From the horses mouths eh?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 06:16:15 pm »
Thank you guys.  I hope some of you were able to hear Chris Watts and myself engage with Bob Wright (clever man) and Steve Wakefield (late as ever) on 105.5

Coun Bluh and co may belittle our efforts but we are determined to hold the Council and DC to account over this project.

Bob Wright made a really valid point when he asked for an explanation of the real agenda - it is not to denigrate the efforts of SBC to be an active force for good, rather it is to ensure that value for money is obtained from what by any normal person's viewpoint is a lot of money.

If were were being generous we could accept that 90% completion in Highworth is too all intents and purposes a done deal.  On that basis the £150,000 given to cover phase 1 and assist in initial development and set up costs could be considered VFM.  However, if we accept Highworth was 'finished' at the end of February one is perfectly entitled to ask Coun Perkins and DC for an update on sales performance, conversion rates (that is from interest to actual sign up) etc.   If the figures were good i imagine DC and the Council would be shouting from the rafters, after all a success story in Highworth would surely lead to external investors beating a path to DC's office accommodation, which according to Coun Bluh has access issues.

What Coun Bluh and perkins do not wnat to do is answer a very simple question - if Highworth is finished and indeed was finished in February and DC has been given the additional sum of £250,000 - why hasn't Swindon town centre been started?

Please don't use the recession and financial issues as the reason for the stalled position - DC has been given £250,000 agaisnt a risk assessment conducted by SBC officers in April of 2010.  The economic situation has not deteriorated in the last 7 months

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.