Author Topic: Swindon 105.5 FM Interview with Rikki Hunt Tomorrow  (Read 1894 times)

Offline swindoncentric

Swindon 105.5 FM Interview with Rikki Hunt Tomorrow
« on: November 04, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »
Swindon Centric has learnt (from a reliable source) that Rikki Hunt is to be a guest on Swindon 105.5 FM during tomorrow's morning show, between 10am and 12pm to discuss the wi-fi.

Tune in on 105.5 FM or anywhere online at http://www.swindon1055.com/ and click on Listen Live

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
Re: Swindon 105.5 FM Interview with Rikki Hunt Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 08:08:23 pm »
Well what happened?  I made a cup of tea, switched on the old wireless and sat in my favourite chair and waited with bated breath for an insight to the machinations of business as expounded by a virtual guru.  I somehow thought he would dispel any misunderstandings i might have as to the success or otherwise of Wi-Fi in Swindon. I thought he would offer some form of 'mea culpa' and accept that Digital City had failed but that it deserved a second chance.  I was anticipating him telling me what has happened to the £250,000 which was meant to be spent on the next phase of the Borough roll out, I'm sure it is in a bank account, intact and waiting to be used to advance Swindon's claim to be the Wi-Fi centre of the known world (well just Swindon actually and that's fine by me)  But no - nothing except an extended chat with that well known political commentator and techie - my friend Chris watts, who acquitted himself well - as ever. (even though Ian tried to catch him out with a Euro question - I bet he checked the regs when he got home).

So no show Rikki - a pity really because i know he is actually a fearless guy and not afraid to speak out and certainly not slow to come forward. Ian made a good point in his show - Rikki is a businessman - in the Wi-Fi Project, Rikki made a perfect sales pitch and sold the story to a willing council and it's officers.  Let us be sure about one thing - Rikki really does believe everything he says and it's that attribute which makes him so convincing.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:13:27 pm »
It is a shame he could not make it, as Ian Pugh on 105.5 is always good listening  and is a pretty fair interviewer
All posts on this forum are my own and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:44:27 pm »
It is a shame he could not make it, as Ian Pugh on 105.5 is always good listening  and is a pretty fair interviewer
:angel: He could have ended up with me  :o
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:45:00 pm »
So no show Rikki - a pity really because i know he is actually a fearless guy and not afraid to speak out and certainly not slow to come forward.

But no - nothing except an extended chat with that well known political commentator and techie - my friend Chris watts, who acquitted himself well - as ever. (even though Ian tried to catch him out with a Euro question - I bet he checked the regs when he got home).
Sorry, a poor substitute to the great man himself, but thank you for your kind words. I was looking forward to meeting him and seeing him in action. Allegedly, the word is that the Bluhligans had closed ranks and requested he did not attend. Make of that what you will.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 12:09:15 am »
word is that the Bluhligans had closed ranks and requested he did not attend. Make of that what you will.

I'm willing to believe that until Cllr Perkins issues a robust denial of the same and explains that Rikki could not attend because he was conducting a wifi feasibility study on the European Space Station.

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Swindon 105.5 FM Interview with Rikki Hunt That Never Was
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 07:33:42 am »
word is that the Bluhligans had closed ranks and requested he did not attend. Make of that what you will.

I'm willing to believe that until Cllr Perkins issues a robust denial of the same and explains that Rikki could not attend because he was conducting a wifi feasibility study on the European Space Station.

To be fair Rikki is a very busy local business man and though finding time to go on the radio to promote your company and boast of its achievements is important to some busy local business types. Perhaps Rikki  does after all have far more pressing matters  to deal with than radio interviews?

Thanks to John Popham's blog here: http://johnpopham.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/launch-of-signal-the-swindon-wifi-network/

John Popham Random Musings December 17th 2009
I have come across some skeptical views about the initiative, some people think it’s a distraction from the inevitable race to install fibre networks everywhere, others just think it will never work because wifi networks have been installed elsewhere and have not worked. Rikki and his colleagues are adamant, nevertheless, that they have learned all the lessons of previous initiatives, and their modern, robust infrastructure will deliver their aim of 20Mb/s synchronous connections across the area, including the rural communities.

All posts on this forum are my own and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Muggins

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 08:07:59 am »
Des said "So no show Rikki - a pity really because i know he is actually a fearless guy and not afraid to speak out and certainly not slow to come forward. Ian made a good point in his show - Rikki is a businessman - in the Wi-Fi Project, Rikki made a perfect sales pitch and sold the story to a willing council and it's officers.  Let us be sure about one thing - Rikki really does believe everything he says and it's that attribute which makes him so convincing."

and if indeed his no show was down to:-

Chris said "Allegedly, the word is that the Bluhligans had closed ranks and requested he did not attend. Make of that what you will".

Pretty daft move then, to discourage Rikki to be interviewed, if he is that good a salesman, he might just have convinced us.........

The 'no show' just makes it appear all the more dodgy.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 08:35:12 am »
So no show Rikki - a pity really because i know he is actually a fearless guy and not afraid to speak out and certainly not slow to come forward.

But no - nothing except an extended chat with that well known political commentator and techie - my friend Chris watts, who acquitted himself well - as ever. (even though Ian tried to catch him out with a Euro question - I bet he checked the regs when he got home).
Sorry, a poor substitute to the great man himself, but thank you for your kind words. I was looking forward to meeting him and seeing him in action. Allegedly, the word is that the Bluhligans had closed ranks and requested he did not attend. Make of that what you will.
;D ;D
Sorry Chris - I meant 'the Chav' interviewing him  :2funny:
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.