Author Topic: Digital City Casts It's Beady CCTV Eye on Broadgreen  (Read 5764 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Digital City Casts It's Beady CCTV Eye on Broadgreen
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 11:11:36 pm »
I believe it would be illegal under data protection laws for residents to access what is a CCTV system covering public areas.  Doubtless someone out there knows the law on this - please do comment

Actually, (and I'd need to go digging through the NO2ID section to verify this), I think the first residents-as-stasi trial is already underway where folk register themselves as 'cctv monitors', (don't know what their actual title is), watch cctv feeds in their living rooms and report any suspicious behavior to a centralised control.  Cash awards are then paid to the monitors after a successful conviction.

It's like bounty hunting from the safety of your Parker Knoll.

Offline Drone

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 06:23:31 am »
^ Yes, it doesn't appeal to the nosy, weird or judgemental in our communities at all!
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 08:21:53 am »
Thankyou for the technical update Chris. So it is called CCTV even when it isn't closed circuit....Hum..how strange...is that because "they" prefer the politically correct version of a more descriptive name...i.e. Surveillance System?
I get the point that encryption will help defeat someone trying to take control of a system but it will not stop electronic jamming I don't think.

Of course the more dangerous aspect is the operation and or control of this equipment getting into a) the hands of technically incompetent and greedy business men and b) self-appointed do- gooders, as stated elsewhere.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 08:37:41 am »
I believe it would be illegal under data protection laws for residents to access what is a CCTV system covering public areas.  Doubtless someone out there knows the law on this - please do comment

Actually, (and I'd need to go digging through the NO2ID section to verify this), I think the first residents-as-stasi trial is already underway where folk register themselves as 'cctv monitors', (don't know what their actual title is), watch cctv feeds in their living rooms and report any suspicious behavior to a centralised control.  Cash awards are then paid to the monitors after a successful conviction.

It's like bounty hunting from the safety of your Parker Knoll.

Will they get a cut from the police camera action when it is aired? The TV rights to CCTV is big business it brings a whole new meaning to the word voyeurism doesn't it?

What happens if one of these monitors in their Parker knoll, accidentially switch channels from monitoring their CCTV to watching one of the CCTV shows and start reporting what they see on the TV?  :embarassed: Nar it'll never happen!
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:05 am »
That geezer Perkins, busy ain't he?

I expect the mugs that elected him are well chuffed with his 'output'. Who could have known they were electing a top notch technical type guru?

Or guessed it would have absorbed so much of his formidable energy and intellect.....

Oi, Perkins,empty the feckin bins!

Mart, I will have you know the good people of Shaw and Nine Elms are not impressed at all especially as the only time we see him is at election time!

Offline Ringer

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 10:41:05 am »
Do you see him at election time or is that also untrue? Is it on a leaflet you see him or in person? Do you seek him here and you seek him there a more fitting tribute to the Perkinel pimpernel?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 12:04:04 pm »
Do you see him at election time or is that also untrue? Is it on a leaflet you see him or in person? Do you seek him here and you seek him there a more fitting tribute to the Perkinel pimpernel?

I received a leaflet but never saw him although he is alleged to have covered The Bramptons!

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 01:08:39 pm »
Digital City has entered a bid for CCTV cameras in Broadgreen...

But if I understand this correctly, Digital City hasn't successfully delivered anything it borrowed 450k of our money for.  Reidy tells me several rumours are doing the rounds which point to the company being up shit creek and looking for paddles.

Is this a way for Bluh's Boys to bung another wad of cash at Digital City?

Offline Ringer

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:55 pm »
Digital City has entered a bid for CCTV cameras in Broadgreen...

But if I understand this correctly, Digital City hasn't successfully delivered anything it borrowed 450k of our money for.  Reidy tells me several rumours are doing the rounds which point to the company being up shit creek and looking for paddles.

Is this a way for Bluh's Boys to bung another wad of cash at Digital City?

Bung I think you are wrong do  you not mean loan council tax payers money?

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 01:23:36 pm »

To call the 450k a loan implies there is an expectation that the money will be paid back with interest.  Digital City has, it says, been paying interest on the 450k but how can the company realistically pay back the 450k when it is generating less than £100 a month after operating for a year?

Digital City seems destined to become another company 'dissolved' by Mr Hunt. Don't be surprised if this happens just before the loan falls due or SBC decide to vary the loan agreement to the point where the loan will not fall due at all.

I think the administration of this council, helped by a few willing directors, will go to extraordinary and expensive lengths to avoid admitting that they made mistakes or are incompetent.   

Offline Ringer

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 01:37:59 pm »

To call the 450k a loan implies there is an expectation that the money will be paid back with interest.  Digital City has, it says, been paying interest on the 450k but how can the company realistically pay back the 450k when it is generating less than £100 a month after operating for a year?

Digital City seems destined to become another company 'dissolved' by Mr Hunt. Don't be surprised if this happens just before the loan falls due or SBC decide to vary the loan agreement to the point where the loan will not fall due at all.

I think the administration of this council, helped by a few willing directors, will go to extraordinary and expensive lengths to avoid admitting that they made mistakes or are incompetent.   

Tut, tut you make it sound like there is limited  belief of  anyone or anything  said  by those that  have been involved in this fantastic groundbreaking innovative technical wifi wonder ? Does anyone actually believe that Directors and publically elected officials would go to such lengths to save  :embarassed:?

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 03:57:48 pm »

Tut, tut you make it sound like there is limited  belief of  anyone or anything  said  by those that  have been involved in this fantastic groundbreaking innovative technical wifi wonder ? Does anyone actually believe that Directors and publically elected officials would go to such lengths to save  :embarassed:?

only if its the last thing they have.....
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline James

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 08:50:25 pm »
When does a company have to file a set of accounts?
Seems to me that that will be the key date...much will have to be revealed then...

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 09:03:41 pm »
http://ukdata.com/help/credit-reports-documents/accounts-filing-requirements

There you go.

I don't mind doing your research for you.

Snigger.

Got to be there, or thereabouts?
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 09:07:02 pm »
When does a company have to file a set of accounts?
Seems to me that that will be the key date...much will have to be revealed then...

If you are filing your company's first accounts and those accounts cover a period of more than 12 months you must deliver them to Companies House within 21 months of the date of incorporation for private companies.

Little way off yet.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.