Author Topic: SBC's proposed budget cuts for 2010/11  (Read 5782 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: SBC's proposed budget cuts for 2010/11
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 11:01:58 am »
I heard that in another authority that the Chief Executive has asked ALL THE STAFF for ideas on how economies and savings can be made.

As one of the best paid Chief Executives in the country has Gavin Jones done the same?

Do we actually need the services of both a highly paid Chief Executive and a highly paid Deputy Chief Executive when it would appear that 'management' emanates from elsewhere?

Closest example of this is, I believe, Nick Carter, the Chief Executive of West Berks Council.  Moreover he has been genuinely involving staff for many months.

Further to this, and in stark contrast to the browsing 'experience' supplied by SBC's 'strategic partner' Capita, visitors to the West Berks Council website are also greeted with the following message:

We need your help!

We'd like your views so that we can do more of the good things and less of the bad.
Can you spare a couple of minutes of your time to complete our online survey once you've finished browsing our Website?

SBC's website is cumbersome and doesn't encourage, (deliberately imho), engagement from the public.  This might seem like a petty complaint but even using the search function on SBC's website requires the user to manually delete the term 'search swindon' from the search box before you can search for anything.

Expecting to receive my "F*ck off back to Newbury then!" email from one of my ward councillors very shortly.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 12:09:18 pm »

Expecting to receive my "F*ck off back to Newbury then!" email from one of my ward councillors very shortly.

Is this acceptable Councillor behaviour and I take it you will publish it Geoff if you so unfortunate as to receive one?

Offline Ringer

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 12:20:21 pm »
Maybe the question has to be does your councillor email you? Has he ever emailed you or answered one you sent? Some do not do email allegedly ;D
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2010, 08:51:32 am »
No. Even when we were still talking he would not respond to any emails which were even the slightest bit critical.

I think the last ignored email concerned a large amount of uncleared litter in the 'secret' car park at Radio Rod's Big Spend Weekend.

Cleared it up ourselves in the end. The sight of drowned mice in plastic bottles became too regular to ignore.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.