Author Topic: 8th October 2010: Public Meeting To Discuss WiFi Safety  (Read 9009 times)

Offline Spectre

• Hello !
Re: 8th October 2010: Public Meeting To Discuss WiFi Safety
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 06:15:16 pm »
Does anyone remember the cathode ray scare ,when we were told not to sit too close to the tele screen or it would have adverse effect on your brain. Come to think of it, maybe that's what's wrong with this crazy world. :uglystupid2:

Spectre is always watching :angel:

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »
The advice is STILL not to sit within three feet of the TV screen.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Drone

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 06:41:50 pm »
But is whatever a working Wi-Fi net emits that much worse than what we get from the M4 hurtling past our homes, the number of primary schools sat next to busy roads and being under the Lyneham flight path?
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 12:05:21 am »
But is whatever a working Wi-Fi net emits that much worse than what we get from the M4 hurtling past our homes, the number of primary schools sat next to busy roads and being under the Lyneham flight path?

Quite, and once the danger from leaded petrol was identified society took action... Unleaded petrol
When / if wi-fi is a proven hazard will it be too late to take action?
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 12:59:17 am »
If people are concerned with wifi and microwaves I have a list of precautions for you to take :

Step 1 . Throw away your :
TV
Radios
Computers
Laptops
Video Players
All Remote Controls
DVD Player
CD player
Surround Sound
Sattelite dish
Receiving box
Microwave
Kettle
Ipod
MP3 Players
Ipads
Cordless Phones
Mobile Phones
Any Earphones
Any Artificial Lighting..aka every electric light
Electric Fans
Toasters
Dishwashers
Ovens
Washing Machines
Tumble Dryers
Any Games Console
Fridges
Calculators
Video cameras

And your entire house, civilisation, practically everything

Step 2 : Location Location location
Find a cave in the middle on an island in an ocean somewhere.

Step 3 : Decoration
Make sure there is enough lead on the inside walls of the cave to block out those nasty non-ionizing radiation waves
,The correct thickness is about 4ft thick, ( to counter act lead poisoning, drink full fat milk as it pulls it out of your body with ease)

Step 4 : Security
Make sure you have a pretty big boulder so that you can close the entrance of the cave to protect yourself from the nasty non-ionizing radiation waves and the even more nasty ionizing radiation waves.

Step 5 : Changing habits
As you will have given up all forms of waves, you will have to become nocturnal. When the sun sets you are exposed to the least amount of radiation. But be sure to have a umbrella handy , if its a clear night, you could end up with moon burn.....

The thing is radiation is absolutely everywhere, it doesn't matter what you do you will always be hit by radiation in one form or another whether its heat, light, soundsolar, natural radiation (body heat) we are ourselves radiators, we radiate heat and sound

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Muggins

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 08:18:21 am »
Nah, Mellon, we'll just make ourselves foil suits as well as that all important helmet.

You don't need a cave and a boulder, apparently one good way of preventing pollution entering your house, is to line the inside walls, windows etc. with old pop bottles full of water.

Even then you won't get away from the cadmium in the soil and the stuff coming up through the granite.  Why do you think a trip to Cornwall always gives you that extra zing?

I've often wondered about the man made fibres our clothes are made from and the dye's used in the denim etc.  Wearing man made fibres is a relatively new thing and there is plenty of static in them.

We once joined in a scientific study into a 'cluster' of teenage leukemia. We had a small device on top the book case for 6 months, we probably are the only house in Swindon that can prove it has very low levels of all the types of radiation they were checking!

'Course that was 20 years ago and we only had one tele and one landline phone.   

There is still then there is that fall out from Chernobyl, that must still be hanging around.   

Planet Earth proceed with caution.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 08:54:56 am »
Ah yes...you can take all these precautions and get inside your cave but then along comes one of those "Healing" freaks who can "concentrate energy" through either a crystal, a piece of metal, a stone or even their hands. What do you tell them when they knock on the cave door-stone? "Sorry we are "non-receptors"? They just will not take no for an answer.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 09:44:52 am »
Don't knock the 'healing freak' if we do the cave thing that will be our health service! 

Come to think of it another 18 years of this government and you can bet you bottom dollar they will be our health service anyway.

Did you know that stones signal to one another?

Offline Spectre

• Hello !
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 02:09:55 pm »
All well and good Mellon but, if your cave is in granite rock, you could be in grave danger.

Granite is a natural source of radiation, some of which have a high radioactivity thereby raising some concerns about their safety.

It can also be cosidered a potential natural radiological hazard and is the source for radon gas which has been blamed for causing more lung cancer than smoking. ( See "The Building Regulations" re protection for dwellings against radon gas). Don't worry Swindon is in a low to nil radiation area

Granite kitchen worktops have both the above but after testing it was stated that the levels of radioactivity and radon gas emmision were below the European Union safety standard levels. This of course begs the question. Who set the the standard and how did they know what is the safe limit ?

You can now add kitchen worktops to your list of things to throw away.

Offline Drone

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 05:42:48 pm »
^ Do they help cook food quicker?
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Muggins

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 06:14:04 pm »
Thanks Spectre, Radon was the gas I was trying to remember. That's one of the gases they tested our house for.  Like you say it was in the safety levels.  We're not on granite, we're on coral rag.

Offline chrisp

• Hello !
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 12:30:27 am »
you should  have an idoits guide on wifi. I got lost trying to read through all the postings.

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 12:45:59 am »
Just look for non-ionizing radiation on google, explains about the effects of microwaves on select tissues
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 02:28:40 am »
you should  have an idoits guide on wifi. I got lost trying to read through all the postings.

Rikki 'n' Rod's Wifi'asco is all but dead and the £450,000 lost.

But you don't need a guide to tell you that.....

Offline Drone

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 06:18:19 am »
The details are really important. It's not just the initial dishonesty. It's an ongoing stream of incompetence and duplicity which deserves everyone's attention.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 08:49:05 am »
It seems strange to me that Rikki can say "on air" that his Wi-Fi project needs another year (i.e. a 100% increase in installation time) and SBC seem to be going along with it.

If your plumber said that a job would take a week and after one weeks work he wanted another week what would you say?

(If you want an idiots guide to Wi-Fi, just gather together everything that Rikki has "discovered" about the subject in the last year and get him to put his name at the bottom.)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 09:05:15 am »
"If your plumber said that a job would take a week and after one weeks work he wanted another week what would you say?"

I can tell you what I did say:  Come back next week so long as your original quote stands.

It did, he did, and we are awaiting phase three of the job after paying for phases one and two - after completion of them.

Offline poemogram

• Hello !
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 09:54:19 am »
The details are really important. It's not just the initial dishonesty. It's an ongoing stream of incompetence and duplicity which deserves everyone's attention.

sad endictment - may well be true though - TS attempts at 'honesty and openness' may turn a corner in some ways - we won't know unless we try

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 12:03:46 pm »

Yes, they are.

My earlier reply may seem flippant but remember I'm still 'horns locked' with Swindon Borough Council's Director of Law and Democratic Services over his, in my view, innappropriate use of an FOI exemption to prevent us getting to the heart of the initial deception.

Amongst others, See: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/chief_executives_investigation_i#incoming-117928

I'd remind people that I requested an internal review on the 30th of September 2010 and, as part of that review request I said:

Quote from: Me
The initial installation phase in the town of Highworth remains unfinished and work in Swindon Town did not begin when promised.

The likelihood of the £450,000 loan being repaid in full and on-time by Digital City (UK) Ltd seems remote and the projected £700,000 profit by the end of year two, (December 2011), seems unlikely to be realised by that date, if ever.

Only six days later Mr Hunt was interviewed by the Swindon Advertiser who quizzed him on the failing venture and the, (as yet), un-repaid £450,000 loan.

Public interest in the WiFi'asco, much to the annoyance of Cllr's Rod Bluh and Garry Perkins, is very much alive and well in Swindon (and beyond).

Much more active and alive than the WiFi scheme itself......

Offline chrisp

• Hello !
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:58 pm »

Rikki 'n' Rod's Wifi'asco is all but dead and the £450,000 lost.

But you don't need a guide to tell you that.....
ah so those postings about who is rikki is this guy.  I can get my internet for £7.50 a month so it seems a silly idea.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.