Author Topic: Should Political Assistants & Staff Officers To Cabinet members be cut?  (Read 936 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Councillor Wakefields blog

Quote from: Steve Wakefield
Do you know both parties conservative labour (not the LibDems or I have them we are politicians and do our own assisting and researching) have political assistants. I wonder if political assistant posts  will be part of this laying waste exercise that is being forced onto the conservative administration of SBC by the libdem conservative coalition? Which of course as Chris Watts will tell you is not neccessarily supported under localism by local libdems?  ;)

Will service users lose their service and will politicians lose their political assistants researchers? We will know soon enough.

In practical terms for Swindon this means Douglas Chandra-Campbell and Matt Bradley would be out on their ear. No loss there then...

Offline poemogram

• Hello !
Re: Should Political Assistants & Staff Officers To Cabinet members be cut?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 08:16:22 am »
I don't know these guys but..

Surely we want our politicians to have the tools to do the job whether or not we currently agree with their policies and practices..

I expect most of us agree that being a local councillor is not an easy ride if done within the code of practice set out nationally..

and yes of course I want the charities and essential services to have the tools (resources in the widest sense eg finance, expertise, partnership support) ) to do the job too 

- yes a more 'ideal' world I still seek.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:30:25 am »
To qualify for a political assistant a party must have a certain % of the total seats of the council that is why the Lib/Dems and Independants have no support.
Perhaps you should be looking at the clerical support the Conservatives have, especially Bluh.
Bobby

Offline chrisp

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 11:07:14 pm »
damn right they should be sacked  :agreed:

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.