Author Topic: Football: Insolvency | Business, Innovation and Skills | Written Answers  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Fido

• Talkswindon RSS Robot
Football: Insolvency | Business, Innovation and Skills | Written Answers
6 September 2010, 2:00 am

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills whether he plans to retain Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs preferential creditor status in cases involving insolvent football clubs.

Source: Justin Tomlinson's recent appearances (TheyWorkForYou)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Re: Football: Insolvency | Business, Innovation and Skills | Written Answers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:55:32 pm »
another wasted question by "The Turdinator"
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 08:25:35 pm »
another wasted question by "The Turdinator"

Unkind Mellon unkind - he is doing his best

but.......

One question that should be asked.

Is there a competition in the 'house' to see who can ask the most questions?

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 09:23:18 pm »
i dont think there is any competition whatsoever, Titlinson knows Buckland is doing something worthwhile and Titlinson is asking random, pointless and worthless questions. If he is confronted over his actions he will revert to this substanceless list of questions and say "im working hard" when in fact he is twiddling his thumbs and staring out of the office window to think of how he can "please" himself and his superiors...........saying this, has he returned the hospital yet? has he saved a north swindon post office? has he been attending surgeries? and better yet what has he done for swindon?.

He can defend himself on here and other mediums but he wont.......im sure of it. his ego will intervine and the 'bluh self protection system' will be activated.

Im not being unkind Mr Symonds.....im being fairly polite and restrained, if i were to be unkind i would compare him to Gollum from lord of the rings or i would draw a picture of a racoon with a descended scrotum with an arrow  next to it
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:16:36 pm by Mellon »
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:41 am »

I think Justin's question is very interesting actually - whether it is his own is another matter.

But let's suppose that it is his question and, considering his previously held cabinet position and the history of Swindon Town Football Club, shouldn't we be asking ourselves whether it's a leading question?

Mellon, your post looks like you've attacked before researching the subject. Perhaps there's a local context which you've missed... :wink:

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »
guessing its something to do with football..........and one of the previous persons who almost buried the club?  ???

as you can tell, i dont like Tomlinson.....tbh this is the last time im going to bother with him, he's a waste of space and not worth my attention anymore.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:57:48 am »
I do think we should (for once and maybe the last time)  be a little understanding about these questions.  It could be that as a New boy, there are periods of thumb twiddling that goes on between meetings and training - do they get training? - surely they do?- for such an 'unusual job'?.

I would not expect anyone to be able to hit the floor running during their first parliamentary term, holding in mind it might also be their ONLY parliamentary term.   Basically, I'm prepared to put up with some new boy antics, so long as he represents me to the best of his ability once he get's going, in a well informed and better educated sort of way, of course.

But Teaboys right - Football is a luxury, we can all still enjoy a Saturday match on the local playing fields - so long as we can save the playing fields from development.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:35 pm »
I think it quite reasonable to be a little testy.

If you cast your mind back to the candidates election campaigns giving it very much large and making some quite preposterous promises it is well within the bounds of reasonable behaviour to get a bit terse.

See, he's your MP and you have no idea why he is asking the vast majority of these questions. Who does he think he is, Bamber bloody Gasgoine?
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 08:13:13 am »
Point taken Mart, but do you really still believe everything they tell you in a run up to elections? 

'Course you don't, I can cheerfully predict that you knew before the election what you would be picking them upon after it. 

Do you think Bamber might put up at the next election?
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 09:54:43 am »

See, he's your MP and you have no idea why he is asking the vast majority of these questions. Who does he think he is, Bamber bloody Gasgoine?

You are showing your age now Mart!!  Bamber Gasgoine, the clever git from University Challenge!!

Most people don't know either of these two!!

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 08:24:41 pm »
I deep cleanse and moisturise on a regular basis. I pass for 90 odd in dark places. I have a fondness for certain people in certain times, they stick in my memory.

I don't believe a bloody word they say in the run ups to elections out here in the free world. Now, yer actual dictator, there is a body of men you can believe in, always men as well.

I loathe the party political system, it is so wasteful and divisive, I resent politicians who seem so very eager to forget who elevated them to the status they enjoy, and elevated them for a purpose.

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills whether he plans to retain Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs preferential creditor status in cases involving insolvent football clubs.

Now, was that question the burning one that the chap came away with after all that electioneering? I suugest not, I suggest it is indulgent. I suggest the time to wheel out that kind of question is when the insolvency of football clubs is the single biggest issue in Swindon.

By the way, it isn't now.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 09:15:58 am »

Here's a thought.

Take two photo's down to the Amble Meads village centre. One of Bamber Gascoigne and one of Justin Tomlinson.

Show them around.

Which man would be recognised by more people, Bamber or Justin?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:12 am »
I think you already know the answer to that question Geoff!!!

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.