Author Topic: Making small sculptures out of wire...  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
Making small sculptures out of wire...
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:29 am »
Hello there,

Your own home-grown Tobes is running a short two-hour workshop over at The Post Modern, aka Artsite in Theatre Square on the evening of Thursday the 16th of September.  It'll only cost the participants £10 which will include all the materials (recycled wire saved from various skips!) and give everyone a chance to make a dragonfly to hang in the garden, a wire flower (guaranteed not to need watering!), or a spider to scare your spouse/mum/dad!

The course is suitable for anyone over 12 as strongish fingers are required to twist the wire. Please bring along some wire snips / pliers if you have spare.

I'll post up some examples of the sorts of things you can have a go at later today.

Please let me know if you're interested via here and I'll send you further details.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Alex

• Charter Member
    • Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
Re: Making small sculptures out of wire...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 02:34:17 pm »
Yes please Tobes.

I'm a woman  on a mission now to utilise all that spare cable in the shed that was"too good to throw away" but  never had a real purpose.

Knew it would  come in useful one day- just didn't realise where!

All environmentalists should find this attractive- reuse being the best option with waste. 

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 04:12:17 pm »
 O0 Cheers Alex!

I've also set up a Facebook group here if anyone's interested: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676396886#!/event.php?eid=147092971978749
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:12:18 am »
Shameless bump!  ::)

... I'm also up for a challenge: Wire is incredibly easy stuff to work with once you know what you're doing and I've made lampshades and functional decorative things like a large bird to cap a chimney and stop rooks and crows posting twigs down it! If anyone has any other ideas for a suitable project and lets me know in time, there are plenty of other things we could consider...

Offline Alex

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:31:55 pm »
Well..( hesitating to say it....) it's moving towards that time of year again....baubles and tree decorations could be appropriate....(sorry)   

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 07:05:51 pm »
Well, here's the rather satanic looking 'angel' which adorned my Christmas tree last year ;-)

Offline Alex

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 07:15:13 pm »
Perfect- just like the angels in the film "Dogma"  :angel: ;)

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.