Author Topic: Rod, Don’t Mention Cake  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
Re: Rod, Don’t Mention Cake
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 12:08:54 pm »
Rhetorical question surely?

As to lack of progress, dare we whisper contractors, sub contractors and cash flow?

Bit of a pessimistic view I admit, but it does look a shambles, even for a building site it is in shit order. As for activity I've seen more when I drive past motorway carriageway repairs where activity is so slow it is invisible to the human eye. I'm tempted to have an 'Ives moment' as I look at the deeply attractive and retail friendly safety fencing.

The regeneration is the construction industries version of the dog whistle, I should consult a spaniel to get their view of progress to date.

Mmmm, lapdogs.....
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 12:08:49 pm »

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 12:51:42 pm »
Lapdogs?.....Betsy?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Muggins

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 03:49:47 pm »
Just trying to find some info on someone and came up with this, bit out of date, but if you missed it the first time:

http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=2&s=963&ss=965&c=4862&t=Hot+Seat+%2D+Rod+Bluh
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 04:03:51 pm »

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa  :2funny:

Quote from: Rod Bluh
"I don't tell lies...."

...he said, the pitch of his voice rising noticably.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »
Well, he probably had just told one!

Now go and have a look at the others on that page.

Others, there are others.  Oh yes.

A real challenge for Geoff I think.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 04:35:41 pm »
"I don't tell lies"

At that exact moment, somewhere across the world a kuala bear had a heart attack and fell out of a tree....
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 04:36:30 pm »

Only challenge there is finding a seat strong enough and an editor brave enough to accurately publish what I'd said.

Neither of which exist in swindon.

Offline Martin Wicks

• Personal Website
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 04:48:17 pm »
In town to day I overheard a conversation over the loss of the canopy on that ship-like thing outside Debenham's and Tesco. I don't know what made me say it, but I said, "perhaps they're putting up a christmas tree with Rod Bluh on top". Quick as a flash, the punter being served, snaps back: "hopefully they'' put tree trunk where the sun doesn't shine." Symptomatic of how attitudes to the Council and its leader are evolving?

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 05:43:38 pm »
Actually, I think he came across pretty well. I was cringing a little at the 'appropriateness' of some of the questions - but I noted that he answered the key one directly and honestly.

Couldn't stand the cod heavy metal soundtrack though!!!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Muggins

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 06:37:15 pm »
Geoff said:
"Only challenge there is finding a seat strong enough and an editor brave enough to accurately publish what I'd said.

Neither of which exist in Swindon."

Since when have you needed any help doctoring a video and publishing it here yourself?

In his parting speech at the recent SSP Conference Rod said we needed more videos for the presentations - that caused me to a very unladylike snigger.  I'm sure we could find him a few - aye - aye. :azn:

Mellon said:
At that exact moment, somewhere across the world a kuala bear had a heart attack and fell out of a tree....

I always thought that was when a fairy lost her wings?

Tobes: if you look at the other videos on that page they are all asked the same questions and as most of those are STFC players and visiting stars, I can see why they were not really appropriate for those who run our town. Maybe a polite no thank you would have been better.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.