Author Topic: Residents in the area between Victoria Road and Eascott Hill set up group  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
Here a little about this new group:

Swindon’s Back Garden may not have quite so much greenery as the Front Garden, but it is still a pretty good place to live.

The Back Garden – the northern edge of Old Town covering Cross Street, Dover Street, Edmund Street, Prospect Hill, Prospect Place, Rolleston Street, South Street, Stanley Street, Swindon Road, North Street, Union Street, Warwick Road & Western Street – share similar concerns and advantages. The area still has its local pubs, The Prince of Wales, The Castle, The Globe and the Beehive, and even if, sadly it has almost lost its corner shops (the Baguette Bar providing some of the necessities of life), the area is close to the town centre’s shopping as well as Old Town’s.

Swindon’s Back Garden residents group aims to exchange of information about living in the area, on the basis that a problem shared is a problem halved, and also because the good things should be shared too.

The group includes residents from across the northern edge of Old Town and is free of all political or other groups’ control.

We will seek to provide honest advice to anyone who approaches us. We will work with other members of Swindon’s ‘Connecting People – Connecting Places’ Central Cluster.

You can reach us by email at swindonbackgarden@yahoo.co.uk

Their blog can be found at: http://swindonbackgarden.wordpress.com/

Hot topics at the moment include fly-tipping, residents parking (you'd never have guessed it!), attempts to get narrow street signage and of course the impact of the college development and the threatened new pedestrian through-route....

Come and join us!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Added to the 'Swindon Bloggers' menu list at top of page.

Will also add to the blogroll on www.geoffreid.com

I bet the rest of the towns growing web community won't be far behind in welcoming Swindons Back Gardeners to the Blogosphere O0

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
 :clap:

Cheers Geoff - your and TS's support greatly apreciated as ever
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Bobby Bingo

Be very mindful that the Swindon Front Garden Group FRAG cost the organiser, Terry King,  thousands of pounds.
But even so good luck and every success. You are trying to retain some of Swindons heritage and not just a parcel of land that hardly anyone ever used.
Bobby

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.