Author Topic: Time to 'move beyond' Asbos?  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Re: Time to 'move beyond' Asbos?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:26 pm »
Ugh. No thanks. I prefer British chaos.

Bulls eye !

Maybe we should send the serial ASB'ers off to Switzerland to show them just how lucky they bloody well are !
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 02:07:20 am »
Without wanting to sound like I’m harking for the good old days, I well remember a tale told me by Fred a dear departed mate of mine who came from the East End of London. A nicer guy you couldn’t meet even though he was a tough no-nonsense character and flaming good boxer. Years previously one of the east end boxing club guys broke the golden rule and mugged a pensioner. The guy, also somewhat of a tough guy and not very well liked, thought it would be a breeze and cockily waved to everyone in the gallery as he was sentenced to three and three.

On arrival at the prison, the head screw confirmed his name and the sentence and then told him to drop them and bend over the chair. Entered another burly screw, long birch cane in hand and who the newly convicted con the most painful whack across his backside he’d ever had, whereupon he was told to pull up his trousers. (yes the 3 & 3 was 3 months prison AND 3 stripes of the birch)  Painfully holding his backside the guy pointed out to the screws that he been sentenced to 3 stripes of the birch and not one. A kindly screw then pointed out that they knew that, but they would decide WHEN he got the other two. Fred told me he came out from that sentence a changed man, having spent most of his time fearing when the next stripe would come. Fred always said it was poetic justice for the fear the guy had put into the pensioner he’d mugged.

Now I’m not advocating a return to the birch, but there was a punishment that worked.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 10:31:33 am »
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Bumpkin Pie

• Hello !
Re: Time to 'move beyond' Asbos? Bring on the VASBO
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 10:55:49 am »
The truth is out there!

But I can't find it so time to employ artistic license.

http://wp.me/pW0LL-3r

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 01:08:26 pm »
many a true word said in jest,

luckily Penhill has a far better resource, we call her the Chavinator

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Re: Time to 'move beyond' Asbos? Bring on the VASBO
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 01:20:31 pm »
The truth is out there!

But I can't find it so time to employ artistic license.

http://wp.me/pW0LL-3r
:2funny:  Where can I get me one of those nice brightly coloured Jackets with matching Berry  ?

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 03:03:06 pm »
Try Burburry!!!
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 06:35:21 pm »
Scotland was full of it (well the tartan that Burberry use - I should have brought back a 'tammy' for the Chav.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 07:37:52 pm »
Scotland was full of it (well the tartan that Burberry use - I should have brought back a 'tammy' for the Chav.

Haha

I must get a burberry outfit just for the fun of it  ;D

Offline Muggins

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 06:18:51 pm »
Fort William it is then, but you'll have to go on your own, I'd only consider doing that trek once every 20 years.   Shop is just across a bridge in the shadow of Ben Nevis, Tammies are in a bargain bin at the back - 2 for £7.50!  Of course it'll cost you lots more in petrol.  Check out the full sized cuddly sheepdogs I nearly had one of those - only another £39 stood between me and my dog.

You can have a pot of tea too - I recommend the scones.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »

I love Switzerland and have spent much time there, but I would not live there.

The reason you don't hear about crime in Switzerland is because, if you're naughty, they cut off your head and pour melted cheese down your windpipe.

S'true. Bumpkin Pie told me so.

Offline Bumpkin Pie

• Hello !
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 12:23:04 pm »
Tis the only way to do fondue. Especially with some fava beans and nice chianti.

Offline Bumpkin Pie

• Hello !
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 11:46:20 pm »

Haha

I must get a burberry outfit just for the fun of it  ;D

Chav,
The Bumpkin believes in a "Try Before You Buy" policy.

http://bumpkinpie.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/vasbo-to-replace-asbo/

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.