Author Topic: Local Government Finance | Communities and Local Government | Written Answers  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Fido

• Talkswindon RSS Robot
Local Government Finance | Communities and Local Government | Written Answers
27 July 2010, 2:00 am

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government whether he expects local authorities to make savings consequent on the publication of details of all purchases from suppliers of items over £500.

Source: Justin Tomlinson's recent appearances (TheyWorkForYou)

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
Yes, I rather think he does.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Richard Symonds

Yes, I rather think he does.

So why waste another question Justin?

Isn't it obvious that savings are required if the government which you represent reduces Swindon's budget by £1.4m?

As Rod Bluh was said to row with Michael Wills, your Labour predecessor, over funding what are you doing about this reduction?

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
I would say he is fully supportive of it.

He is a newbie and is very much of his party. I would go so far as to guess of his party first and his constituency second. I would also guess that he might even feel that this prioritisation of allegiance is a pragmatic decision taken in the interest of his constituents. I would say thatthis is a paradox.

He will be supportive of the cuts and will use phrases like 'in this together',' shared suffering' 'Labour's toxic legacy' etbloodycetera.

Entirely predictable stuff, unlike his esoteric and bewildering array of questions which are nothing if not diverse,  still question relevance though.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.