Author Topic: [Martin Caton in the Chair] - National Apprenticeship Scheme | Westminster Hall debates  (Read 488 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Fido

  • Talkswindon RSS Robot
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1895
[Martin Caton in the Chair] - National Apprenticeship Scheme | Westminster Hall debates
21 July 2010, 12:20 pm

I, too, attended yesterday's reception and met some of the apprentices from Honda UK, whose head office is based in my constituency. For me, the telling point was that 85% of those who take part in that scheme end up in employment with Honda, and the majority of the remaining 15% find jobs elsewhere, potentially being paid more money. That contrasts with the number of graduates who are unable to find work, as all the newspapers have been reporting. That shows the value of giving people real applied skills with real job opportunities at the end.

Source: Justin Tomlinson's recent appearances (TheyWorkForYou)


Offline Richard Symonds

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1306
and Honda do this in their own interest as it provides them with staff of a known level of competance.

Sadly our present system of education provides potential employers with people with high expectations and skills of little relevance to the job market.

 

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.