Author Topic: Fountain is Being Worked On  (Read 4297 times)

Offline James

• Charter Member
Re: Fountain is Being Worked On
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 07:56:50 pm »
Went for stroll along the new bit today, ending up at the fountain.
Some of the new slabs were not stained. I assume that the stains will be cleanable, or were they slabs not sealed before the were let loose on the general pubilc? Not good.
The finish in places would suggest that it hasn't been finished. Not good.
I really don't know why the sesting isn't curving in line with the curve it's placed on. Not good design.

If I didn't know it was new, I wouldn't have thought it was.

Not impressed.

James

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 07:01:01 pm »
Has anyone noticed the new trees planted along the repaved stretch  are looking as though they will die - yellow leaves etc.,   where they planted properly, have they been watered during the dorught - were they waered with cement water?   
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 08:22:05 am »
Has anyone noticed the new trees planted along the repaved stretch  are looking as though they will die - yellow leaves etc.,   where they planted properly, have they been watered during the dorught - were they waered with cement water?

I'm standing out side them now.... oh s*** looks serious, hope we haven't lost 2, looks like upright oaks and 3 Gingkos. The oaks might live, but the Gingko's are is nerious trouble.

Muggins' does R know about these? If you speak to him i think he ought to have a look pronto

Surely if these die its just gonna be typical of SBC can't get a water feature installed properly and can even get soem plants planted without them curling up thier leaves and dying.

I think your rigth, they were put in and not waterd, a recipie for disaster where trees and concenred

the material in the bvase looks dubious as well so can see comment about cement water

well thats what you get when you get a coupel of idle constructyion worker t oput your trees in rather than gardeners
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 08:37:30 am »
Muggins have spoken to R the trees were noticed over the past fortnight and teh tree inspector has had a look. he reckon's its bad but both sets of tree should recover. Dave, the tree inspector is going to keep and eye on them.

R says they were planted by the contractors doing canal walk. he to has his suspicions about wether the cause is root burn from the gravel at teh base. Suspicion is taht they were put in dry initially watered and then left to get thirsty durinng teh dryest summer for ages.

waste of good trees if they die    expensive to replace i suspect at least when SCS plant trees we bother to water them in afterwards

not good is it?
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Ringer

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 09:59:22 am »
Dead tree.... Don't worry they no doubt will be replaced with stainless steel models soon  that bring innovative vibrancy and forward thinking :spin:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Drone

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 05:28:49 pm »
The question that needs asking is who will pay for this?

Why not add a coin slot to the side - people could pay to spray! It's commercial and it encourages public involvement!

Ignoring all this recent rain, doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that we've spent so much money to build a fountain in one of the most water-stressed towns in the whole country?
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Muggins

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 05:40:27 pm »
No No don't mention charging anyone to spray, the next thing on the list of things we will soon have to pay for will be to pee.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 08:37:47 pm »
I'm afraid there is another possible explanation for the stained slabs and  dead trees.

It's an easy mistake to make....

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.