Author Topic: Minor Injuries Services (Devizes) | Westminster Hall debates  (Read 744 times)

Offline Fido

• Talkswindon RSS Robot
Minor Injuries Services (Devizes) | Westminster Hall debates
13 July 2010, 3:30 pm

I thank my hon. Friend for giving way in this crucial debate that she has secured for Wiltshire residents. I want to highlight a concern that supports her specific point about public transport. When the Great Western hospital in Swindon was set up in my constituency, there was an emphasis on green travel, so there was a limit on parking provision. The residents of Devizes who are sent to Swindon almost invariable come by car, and there simply is not adequate parking provision.

Source: Justin Tomlinson's recent appearances (TheyWorkForYou)

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
Re: Minor Injuries Services (Devizes) | Westminster Hall debates
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 07:37:48 pm »
Yup, bollocks.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:59:22 pm »
Mart he cannot even read a map. "G.W.H. in my constituency?"
By the idiot a Sat Nav.
On second thoughts let's hope he gets lost.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 08:35:30 am »
WAS???!!!! an emphasis on green travel?

You don't concentrate on reducing petrol emmission for one development then forget about it - there is STILL an emphasis on green travel.

When they consulted over the hospital the ONLY way they tried to reduce that was to build a smaller car park and a direct bus for the first couple of years.  This was at the same time telling us that the hospital had to be where it was going, because it was for all of Wiltshire. At the same time people were bemoaning the transport links to the rest of Wiltshire, it was one huge bit of muddled thinking.  If you use public transport you probably arrive in Swindon in the town centre. The planning numpties put the hospital on the bit of available land nearest the rest of Wiltshire only reachable by car.

Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:02:22 pm »
Don't worry I do know it is in South Swindon - I am afraid nerves got the better of me.

I was meant to say, the hospital which serves my constituency.

Offline Simon

• Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:21:35 pm »
Don't worry I do know it is in South Swindon - I am afraid nerves got the better of me.

I was meant to say, the hospital which serves my constituency.

OK, I'm willing to accept that you're only human and occasionally make mistakes. I suffer from the same affliction myself  :)

This subject has also been discussed on another thread and some questions have been raised there regarding the way that you and Mr Buckland run a joint office, and how you see your relationship with your respective constituencies, and with Swindon as a whole. You might want to pop over there and post your thoughts.

It's good to see you here defending your corner on threads where your actions are being debated, I hope this becomes a regular occurrence. And maybe you could remind Mr Buckland that he still has a TS account, and encourage him to use it  :)
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »
No probs have done.

To be fair to Rob it is finding the time to try and do everything you would like to.

If there are ever any specific issues you want us to raise or deal with then please do contact us directly.

I will try to keep an eye out for Talkswindon as I have always found it useful for feedback (even the bad stuff!), ideas and suggestions.  I am conscious most of the posters seem to be South Swindon, which I guess is more relevant to Rob but still helpful.

:coffee:

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.