Author Topic: Food: Labelling | Health | Written Answers  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: Food: Labelling | Health | Written Answers
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 07:50:40 am »
Back to the labelling, it's pretty pointless putting all the info on the label, when the print is too small to read when looking at in on a supermarket shelf.

Having said that most of what's on the shelf, we could live without if we had to, so long as we don't give everything up at once, of course.  However, it's the packets of tablets etc. that we are prescribed by our doctors that gets me.  The print, even on the actual tablet 'slab' is miniscule.  There must be some way that can be made more readable.   Those who need the reminders they give the most are the least able to read small print.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 09:31:06 am »
Bit pointless now that. The FSA has been kicked out the door, nice to see you back Tomlinson.........

that's a bit unkind Mellon JT is trying his best you know.

On a more serious note in the 1980's I worked in the packaging industry and therefore was intimately involved with food factories.  Marks and Spencer was the benchmark and shut down lines for the most rediculous of reasons and at the other end of the spectrum well you would never eat another pie again...........

I hope things have changed but then I am twenty five years out of date - is it that long ago since I enjoyed the 'high life' and moved to Swindon?

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 12:04:17 pm »
How is it unkind?.....I'm not focussing on his political ability here, I'm focussing on the subject, to which I think is a pointless exercise seeing as food in general is already clearly labelled what's in it. On a general question (if someone has the figures) what is the amount of letters received complaining that food is not labelled correctly? And if possible where do most of the complaints come from?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 08:18:20 pm »
Yup, I put quite a lot of them into me.

But, nobody makes me do it.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.