Author Topic: Packaging | Environment Food and Rural Affairs | Written Answers  (Read 771 times)

Offline Fido

• Talkswindon RSS Robot
Packaging | Environment Food and Rural Affairs | Written Answers
5 July 2010, 2:00 am

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what plans she has to reduce the amount of unnecessary packaging.

Source: Justin Tomlinson's recent appearances (TheyWorkForYou)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Packaging | Environment Food and Rural Affairs | Written Answers
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 02:00:26 pm »
A valid question - at last!!!

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:01:01 pm »

Thank you.  This was further to the Overview meeting that you attended.

If we can cut the amount of packaging at source this will help local Council Tax payers by cutting the amount of landfill / recycling, both with increasing costs.

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:39:41 pm »
OK, that one's fair enough.

What did she say? Being environmentalist and all you would assume the answer would be dangling from a frontal lobe.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:07:14 am »

Thank you.  This was further to the Overview meeting that you attended.

If we can cut the amount of packaging at source this will help local Council Tax payers by cutting the amount of landfill / recycling, both with increasing costs.

I remember it well Justin and always intended to take it further but didn't get around to it.

Swindon still does have very poor recycling facilities at Waterside which encourages fly tipping so when I get around to it I will write it up.  In the meantime if there is anything you can do about the Channel Tunnel queuing system that one endures there that would be good.

And one further question why is Purton so much more efficient in the way and the amount that it recycles?  Could be anything to do with the fact that it is run by Hills by any chance?  Now if the the Council is seerious about saving money......

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 08:14:47 pm »
Swindon still does have very poor recycling facilities at Waterside which encourages fly tipping so when I get around to it I will write it up.  In the meantime if there is anything you can do about the Channel Tunnel queuing system that one endures there that would be good.

A win win solution suggests itself to me, does invovle an increase in traffic in Kent, but, hey, I don't live there.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.