Author Topic: Human Trafficking: Prosecutions | Justice | Written Answers  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Fido

• Talkswindon RSS Robot
Human Trafficking: Prosecutions | Justice | Written Answers
1 July 2010, 2:00 am

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many people charged with human trafficking offences were subsequently prosecuted in the last 12 months.

Source: Justin Tomlinson's recent appearances (TheyWorkForYou)

Offline Bobby Bingo

Re: Human Trafficking: Prosecutions | Justice | Written Answers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 12:34:51 pm »
Another complete waste of our money.
Is he in competition with Robert as to who will ask the most questions?
Or is he starting to pad out his C. V. ready for 2015?
Bobby

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 01:37:07 pm »
No Bobby he is just trying to prove to you he is making a contribution.

What I would like to know is what he is doing about the Wiltshire Housing Schemes on our doorstep.  Now that would be of more use to us wouldn't it?

Offline Simon

• Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:20:27 pm »

It's a bit difficult to say with very little data to work with so far, but it looks as if his rate of asking written questions is comparable to that of Anne Snelgrove (sorry, I wasn't watching Michael Wills at the time).

What I would like to know is what he is doing about the Wiltshire Housing Schemes on our doorstep.  Now that would be of more use to us wouldn't it?

:agreed:

Has anyone asked him to ask that question? (He's not my MP so I can't ask him)
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:22:26 pm »
No Bobby he is just trying to prove to you he is making a contribution.

justin doesnt care, hes in parliament now hell be kissing arse and stroking rod to get as high as he can before he gets kicked up the arse and out the door.......the man is a complete tool
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 06:46:49 pm »
One interesting observation..

how much can this tool be trusted?

Mr Buckland has asked the Department of Education a question on my behalf, but I haven't seen it show up on this Fido stream...

Moley

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 07:18:41 pm »

Mr Buckland has asked the Department of Education a question on my behalf, but I haven't seen it show up on this Fido stream...

Moley

i dont think hes trustworthy, i think mummy is doing a lot of his pampering. besides he says hes not claimed anything and the william pitt club finances have yet to be declared for the past 2 years........is something amiss?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 10:47:16 pm »
no reason to disbelieve him as he's sent me a copy of the letter.

It just doesn't appear to have shown up on this particular "what they are doing system" - and if one thing they are doing hasn't shown up I'm guessing others might not either?? (and for other MPs as well)

Moley

Offline Simon

• Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 08:30:47 am »

I think the question is, did he ask a Written Question (which would appear in Hansard) or did he send a letter (which probably wouldn't)?
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 06:46:43 pm »

I think the question is, did he ask a Written Question (which would appear in Hansard) or did he send a letter (which probably wouldn't)?

Was originally a letter but he's now asked the question in parliament as well (from another thread) so it's now being reported (it's related to what provision will be made for SEN pupils at schools with the extensions to the Academy system).

Moley

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:09:36 pm »

Bobby - this is an issue which has been raised with me and I was happy to pursue it.

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 06:19:58 pm »

Moley

Robert may have written directly to the Minister, which doesn't show up on 'They Work For You'.  Also the time Minister's take to reply often varies, as in you can have to wait up to 3-4 weeks.

If you think it has been slow, drop Robert an email and I am sure he would be happy to chase - robert.buckland.mp@parliament.uk

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 10:16:54 pm »
I suspect the answer is 2, 1 is retraining as a Cognitive Therapist in Deptford. The other elected to return to Bulgaria.

The CIA were not charged, though their airmiles were not awarded.

Stagecoach are under investigation, Southwest trains are helping police with their enquiries.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:31 am »

Robert may have written directly to the Minister, which doesn't show up on 'They Work For You'.  Also the time Minister's take to reply often varies, as in you can have to wait up to 3-4 weeks.

If you think it has been slow, drop Robert an email and I am sure he would be happy to chase - robert.buckland.mp@parliament.uk

I'm happy that he followed up.. in the end up I didn't update status in the tool before it expired things (as I hadn't had a full response, but equally was satisfied it was being chased up).

The tool doesn't really have an option for that...

Moley

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.