Author Topic: New Roads (Adoption) | Commons debates  (Read 485 times)

Offline Fido

• Talkswindon RSS Robot
New Roads (Adoption) | Commons debates
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:00:23 am »
New Roads (Adoption) | Commons debates
10 June 2010, 8:00 pm

As my hon. Friend has provided a detailed list, perhaps I could add my local authority of Swindon. Earlier today I delivered my maiden speech, which touched on road adoption, which was nicely timed for this Adjournment debate. I want to echo 100% the sentiments he has expressed so far, and to add some comments about my experience of the issue. In particular, he has highlighted the problems with the lack of maintenance, and with street lighting and parking, which we cannot administer owing to the lack of double yellow lines, which causes problems of access for accident and emergency vehicles. The only practical way to solve the problem is to introduce a bond scheme for developers, whereby money is put into a pot on the commencement of building. I would therefore support the Government in introducing such a scheme. I also agree that residents are frustrated about council tax.

Source: Justin Tomlinson's recent appearances (TheyWorkForYou)

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.