Poll

In light of Dave King's editorial censoring of online comments and his continued presenting of one sided Wifi articles have you?

Stopped buying the paper version
11 (45.8%)
Had any comments removed or censored
2 (8.3%)
Stopped making online comments
6 (25%)
Continued to buy the Adver
4 (16.7%)
Been banned from making comments
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Have you recently stopped Buying the Pravdatiser  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
Have you recently stopped Buying the Pravdatiser
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:24 pm »
Don't be shy.... Dave King has used his rag to show his contempt for us now i suggest we let him see how we feel.

Please be truthful, i know its easy to knee jerk reaction to his latest outbursts, the poll needs to reflect whats happening amongst his paying readership.
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Have you recently stopped Buying the Pravdatiser
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:33:41 pm »
 :)
I actually need 3 votes!

Offline Provocateur

• Atchya like a ninja cat!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:40:21 pm »
I needed to fill out several categories too!

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:05:55 am »
Me too. Three apply to me?

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:40:29 am »
Is that possible? I mean can the polling system do it?
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline daproofreader

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 08:16:05 am »
I would certainly consider ceasing to purchase the Pravder if it were not for the fact that I would then have to buy new carpet for Bluey's cage !!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:41:31 am »
In answer to the question have I stopped buying the Adver - No I haven't, the major reason being I'm not the only one living in our house. 

Editors sort of have us over a barrel, especially when it's a one paper town,  if we want them to help broadcast our events etc.  However, have they done more damage to our community rather than help over the years?  I'd like to consult with said community as to their views before I took further action on that one. 

Either was Mr Editor, I don't appreciate being labeled as trash and at my age too!! 

There's a lot of difference between TS and the Adver, for one thing none of us are paid, we can guarantee we get to say something on everything (not available to us at the Adver)  and we are ordinary citizens.(or most of us seem to be). 

Bit of a David and Goliath thing I think which will not reflect at all well on the Adver.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 09:12:56 am »
Bit of a David and Goliath thing I think which will not reflect at all well on the Adver.

Yeah, and if the Adver keeps waving that sling about they'll have someone's eye out.

Or have I miusnderstood?
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 11:19:50 am »
My Advertiser comes through the door each morning at 7.30 am.
I turn straight to the Obituary page and if my name is not there then I can commence another day in fine spirits.
P.S. The only acceptable, and they are only just, pages are the localsport.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 02:48:40 pm »
Ours has started coming at 7.30am for about three days a week, then sometimes it comes at 5.30am - I am however very grateful that it comes at all (seeing as how I pay for it!).  Don't like to complain about the paper delivery boy, once we get used to his pattern of delivery we'll be Ok. It just adds to the nervous tension each day for Mr Muggins.  I have a quick flick and read what headlines I can with my distance specs on, then go for the puzzle page.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »
I've only bought the paper about three times in eight years. I still comment, but have never been a frequent commenter and the only time my comments have been removed are when they've deleted all the comments under an article. I'm careful what  I say on their website.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Muggins

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:03 am »
You are safe commenting about anything on Penhill, no matter how bad it is it will stay up.

BTW  at least three times a week in the code breaker puzzle E is No 21.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.