Author Topic: Hitesh Patel Re-Writing His History As We Watch?  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Hitesh Patel Re-Writing His History As We Watch?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 06:16:04 pm »
I genuinely do not know which is the greater crime, not knowing what is going on in the organisation of which you are leader or running for cover when you are stuck in the headlights?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 08:26:59 am »
Latest news is that the executive is writing a report to be considered by Cabinet - the main thrust of the report is to investigate whether Mr Patel's undeclared directorship would have made any difference to the decision to (a) enter into the partnership with Digital City UK Ltd (b) give Digitial City UK Ltd any money.

I am at a loss to understand why anyone thinks it necessary to undertake such a wasted exercise. Those present at scrutiny will recall the words of Coun Bluh, which were recorded for posterity by the Adver (well done Hayley). To remind readers the words were
'Coun Bluh, said that he felt that any further scrutiny over the matter would not have altered anything.' From this one assumes he meant that it made absoultely no difference to the decision making process or its outcome

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 09:54:49 am »
I am at a loss to understand why anyone thinks it necessary to undertake such a wasted exercise. Those present at scrutiny will recall the words of Coun Bluh, which were recorded for posterity by the Adver (well done Hayley). To remind readers the words were
'Coun Bluh, said that he felt that any further scrutiny over the matter would not have altered anything.' From this one assumes he meant that it made absoultely no difference to the decision making process or its outcome
Though if, as Mr Bluh said at the cabinet meeting the week before, this was a decision of the whole council, how could he be so sure?

Or perhaps when Mr Bluh said he didn't think further scrutiny would alter anything, he was just expressing confidence in his gerrymandering skills.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 08:45:05 am »

Bump.

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:39 pm »
 :popcorn:
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:54 pm »

Re: This thread http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=5581.0

I'm fairly sure Mr Patel will shortly be asked to answer some more questions regarding his time spent as a Director of Digital City.

I'm also thinking the quality of the 'Due Diligence' carried out by Swindon Borough Council is about to come under scrutiny as the civic community realises that, just at the point they are desperately trying to play down any and all political associations with off-shore tax havens etc, (Lord Ashcroft funding the Tory party), it emerges that our Tory led council has climbed into bed with a company, (that owns 35% of Digital City), which is registered in the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man is a dependency of the British crown meaning that the UK looks after its foreign affairs and defence,  but apart from that it remains strictly hands off allowing the government of the Isle of Man to manage the important things like its taxes!

This may just be more damning evidence of the incompetence of Rod Bluh and his chums, but given that several of them are also supposed to be tax experts I think their explanations should be extremely interesting.

When those explanations come, and come they most certainly will,  you must scrutinise every single letter of them before taking your questions to the scrutiny committee  ;)

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 09:15:35 pm »
Lots of questions were asked at Scrutiny tonight, and the number to which Mr Patel's answer was "I don't know" was very alarming, seeing as he has been the guardian of our interests in this affair for many months.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 10:11:36 pm »
Bump.  :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 12:46:22 am »

I think that, as we're six months further on and still waiting for the official explantion about Patel's secret directorship of Digital City, it's about time we chased this up.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.