TS FAQ's & T&C's & Other Annoying Abbreviations > Forum Problems & FAQ's

Problem with quotes within quotes

(1/2) > >>

komadori:
When I insert a quote from another posting, which itself includes quotes, the quotes within the quote are going AWOL. Can you bring them back please?

Geoff Reid:

There was no problem with the nested quotes function, I'd switched it off after receiving complaints that some of the Penhill mob were hitting the quote button after every post  :)

..meaning that every subsequent post was getting longer, and longer, and longer.... and was putting people off reading the thread - which is self-defeating :-\

Back on now. We'll see how it goes.

Muggins:
Not guilty milord, I think I've only managed to get the quote embedded in the right way once or twice -  still copying and pasting!

AndyH:

--- Quote from: Geoff Reid on March 10, 2010, 02:46:50 am ---There was no problem with the nested quotes function, I'd switched it off after receiving complaints that some of the Penhill mob were hitting the quote button after every post  :)

--- End quote ---

Penhill getting more bad press then  :'(

Geoff Reid:

--- Quote from: AndyH on March 10, 2010, 11:16:00 am ---
--- Quote from: Geoff Reid on March 10, 2010, 02:46:50 am ---There was no problem with the nested quotes function, I'd switched it off after receiving complaints that some of the Penhill mob were hitting the quote button after every post  :)

--- End quote ---

Penhill getting more bad press then  :'(

--- End quote ---

No. The 'issue' was a minor one which was exactly as I'd previously stated which is reproduced fully here:

--- Quote from: Geoff Reid on March 10, 2010, 02:46:50 am ---
There was no problem with the nested quotes function, I'd switched it off after receiving complaints that some of the Penhill mob were hitting the quote button after every post  :) ..meaning that every subsequent post was getting longer, and longer, and longer.... and was putting people off reading the thread - which is self-defeating :-\   
--- End quote ---

Andy, I can't help but notice that you decided, on this occasion, to selectively quote from my comment in a manner which appears to be deliberately aimed  at supporting your  "Penhill getting more bad press" comment. 

I don't mind the touch of spin, it demonstrates that you do know how to quote selectively  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version