Author Topic: PENHILL NEWS  (Read 6940 times)

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
Re: PENHILL NEWS
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 05:28:15 pm »
He's not ... you know... of the Jewish persuasion is he??
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 06:18:34 pm »
Tea boy, no as far as I know he's not - and I knew his grandparents and parents quite well.  They were more of the gardening persuasion, oh and his grandad - a lovely man - kept rabbits.

It takes more than one thing to make Andy go off on one, he does have a huge sense of fair play, could there have been what he felt was some unfairness? 

Either way I will have a word with him.  I thought TS was about having a bit of fun as well as all the serious discussion.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 06:36:24 pm »
ACCOUNT
« Sent to: Chav on: March 29, 2010, 01:11:14 AM » Reply with quoteDelete
Hi Chav

Just to let you know I'm deleting my TS account

Catch you soon and I'll explain why

Andy

He did delete his account
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 07:22:09 pm »
ACCOUNT
Hi Chav

Andy

I thought better of him than this, can someone who knows him, tell him to tidy up his toys and get a grip?

what the h*** will happen if he's elected, the moment something happens that he doesn't like, that he can't stop, will he do the same when if he's a councillor
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »
ACCOUNT
Hi Chav

Andy

I thought better of him than this, can someone who knows him, tell him to tidy up his toys and get a grip?

what the h*** will happen if he's elected, the moment something happens that he doesn't like, that he can't stop, will he do the same when if he's a councillor

Is this really the very considered AndyH with whom I enjoyed Christmas Lunch at the Mallinsons in 2008?  Come on Andy, what has happened to the Lib-dems?  Nothing to say on Wi-fi and weren't at any of the recent meetings.  Are we to believe that 'not interested' as they say in Swindon applies here?  Looks like the Liberals are a wasted vote again and you now know mine is up for grabs!  Convince me.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 09:03:46 am »
If you read Andy's facebook page, he's up and at 'em canvassing, in between driving jobs.  Not having any luck getting answers to community committee questions from him either so this is more than a hissy fit, i.e. he could actually be busy!  I know I personally haven't done anything to upset him,  so he'll be back...........   

If he's like me, when I want to get something done I do not go on TS first, it's a bit compulsive and once you're on it's hard to leave without reading all new posts. 
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 09:21:45 am »
If he's like me, when I want to get something done I do not go on TS first, it's a bit compulsive and once you're on it's hard to leave without reading all new posts.

Thank heavens for that, thought it was just me.

As you can see I still have someway to go. I am presently (supposed to be) loading the car to go to the tip and cracking on with some ironing while the wife is at work and the son and heir does sweet bugger all. He's nearly 15 so it's perfectly normal, I amuse myself by turning off the router when he is playing something or other on line. It gives him some exercise when he comes to see what has happened. Bless.

As for Andy, whom I have never met, it does seem to me that many representatives, aspiring or otherwise, do not like engaging here very much. I think that maybe they labour under a perception that 'things' have to be done in a specific way, and debate is one of those things, perhaps this forum smacks too much of the bearpit.

There are noteable exceptions and you would hope that they feel they are better equipped to perform their role because they do engage at many levels.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 09:27:26 am »
Andy's not been backwards in coming forward up to now, and I can't see him being away long.

I have to switch off now, or I won't get down the Orchard to open up for others. 

Don't worry about Son aged 15, that perfectly normal - I have paper here about how difficult it is for them - something to doing with their growth spurts and their 'bones' being heavy for them.
Wish I had known this when mine was 15!

Offline poemogram

• Hello !
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 06:18:11 pm »
dem bones dem bones dem heavy-bones
dem bones dem bones dem heavy-bones !
I hear the grunt of teenager

Bless

Tony

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 09:00:14 pm »
Just thought I would post 'PENHILL NEWS' December Edition  :)

Sorry, had to post as JPeg format as PDF file was too large for uploading .

If anyone wants an electronic copy, then please PM me with your email address and I will send you one. It will be in PDF format.  :)

Lorna B

Almost forgot, Penhill News can be accessed on the 'thisispenhill' website:
http://www.thisispenhill.co.uk/

Penhill & Proud !

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 10:00:37 pm »
£4 for 3 course Roast Lunch pretty good value.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 08:15:04 am »
I missed the other 11 chapters of Norah's Adventures, why have they had so much fun and why have they got beaming smiles?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Muggins

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 08:31:32 am »
Lorna, instead of putting up the Penhill News here, why don;t you just put up the link to thisispenhill?

concerned of old town, - limited to 20 spaces, so get your order in quick!.

ringer - they live on Penhill?

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 10:26:28 am »
Have you sent Greenhagh a copy? You know how much he loves Penhill and while you are doing so send a copy to that "Community sriited councillor Mallison"
Bobby

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 06:35:39 pm »
Have you sent Greenhagh a copy? You know how much he loves Penhill and while you are doing so send a copy to that "Community sriited councillor Mallison"

Bobby you are not referring to the Thane of Walcot are you?

Is it true he is about to bale out and go somewhere else who might just elect him - again?

Beware Garry he always had his eye on Shaw & Nine Elms so you had better not fall from grace!!

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 08:00:09 pm »
I missed the other 11 chapters of Norah's Adventures, why have they had so much fun and why have they got beaming smiles?

I will have a word in the editors ear, I am sure she has got all the chapters of Norah's Adventures to date  :)

In case you  didn't know ........... Norah is a chicken !

and the link to the thisispenhill website is www.thisispenhill.co.uk
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 08:04:25 pm »

Chav is right, I do have all the chapters of Norah's Adventures - I will dig them out and post them just for you Ringer !
It will have to be at the weekend though as I have lots of other work to do .

At least then you will know why they all had so much fun - maybe you could guess ! (untill I post the missing chapters)
Penhill & Proud !

Offline Ringer

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 08:06:14 pm »
was it because they had been to the leap?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 08:09:59 pm »

Hello Bobby

If Cllr Greenhalgh or Cllr Mallison would like to see whats going on in Penhill they can access the 'thisispenhill' website by clicking on www.thisispenhill.co.uk

I think that they would be pleasantly surprised that we actually work hard in our community to make it what it is.
........ And we have an orchard : )

Its the volunteers that make our community what it is.
Penhill & Proud !

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 08:11:22 pm »
was it because they had been to the leap?

I couldn't possibly comment !
Why don't you pop into the leap and ask around a bit and find out !
Penhill & Proud !

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.