Author Topic: PENHILL NEWS  (Read 6942 times)

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
PENHILL NEWS
« on: February 19, 2010, 11:04:16 pm »
Hi everyone,

I hope I am in the right section on here.

I just wanted to say that I am the Editor of Penhill News which is a monthly news letter that
goes out to approximately 2,600 homes in Penhill.

All sorts of items are covered in Penhill News and I wondered if it is ok to post it on Talk Swindon each month in PDF format if this works!.

I know that there are people on here who are from Penhill, but it is also a good opportunity to share with you what goes on in our area, as there are lots of positive things about Penhill.

If its ok I will post March's Edition on here on Tuesday.

Thanks

Lorna  :)
Penhill & Proud !

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
Re: PENHILL NEWS
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:10:51 pm »
PENHILL NEWS MARCH EDITION:
Please note that these are JPEGS as the PDF file was too large to upload, if anyone is interested in receiving a copy in PDF format - please email me (Lorna Breslin) at penhillnews@hotmail.co.uk

Penhill & Proud !

Offline Muggins

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:42:36 am »
Hi Lorna - looking good this month.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Liz Walker

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:29:10 am »
Yep, what Muggins said.

I am impressed, well done to you and all the team  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :banana:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Redoubt-supporting victims of anti-social behaviour in Swindon. swindonredoubt@live.co.uk

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 12:13:25 am »
Hi,
Here is the April Edition of Penhill News - the PDF file was too large to upload so I had to convert each page and save as a JPEG file.
If you want PDF copy then PM me your email address and I will send it to you or contact me at  penhillnews@hotmail.co.uk

Penhill & Proud !

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 12:22:38 am »
what ever happened to 'the sun always shines on Penhill website'? :banana:
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Lorna Breslin

• Penhill & Proud !
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:40 pm »
what ever happened to 'the sun always shines on Penhill website'? :banana:

Hi Tea Boy

Re: Sun on Penhill website - I don't know, someone from Clip has taken over it and if you go into it, you can find links to other sites.
Penhill News website now falls on the www.thisispenhill.co.uk  site.

In fact I have just had a quick look and found and interesting article on the WIFI issue:
http://www.thisispenhill.co.uk/2010/03/08/new-law-may-hit-free-wi-fi-scheme/

As for the Banner I used to use on the top of the paper version of the Penhill News, people fed back that they wanted to see a plain one, so last month I did the black banner with white text, this seemed to go down rather well last month, so I have kept it the same for this month - however I am open to suggestions so please feel free ;)
Penhill & Proud !

Offline Muggins

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 08:24:57 am »
The Sun Always Shines on Penhill web site - the first online community in Swindon, YES we even beat Wanborough.   That web site was set up on a private web space allowance so it cost us nothing. When the person moved from Penhill and changed his web provider the page went down and  I never figured out how to get it up on mine.  I still have all the info and graphics here etc.  Since then we never seem to have achieved a settled, roll your sleeves up and get the job done, alternative - but there is loads up if you surf a bit.  thisiswiltshire   thisispenhill CLIP and Chav's Penhill News too we are trying to get them linked.
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37:51 am »
but there is loads up if you surf a bit.  thisiswiltshire   thisispenhill CLIP and Chav's Penhill News too we are trying to get them linked.

Strikes me that all you need to link 'em up is a portal, hub or a single web page with all the relevant links on.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:50 am »
Yep Geoff and if I knew how to do that it would be done by now.

There is more of an hold up with community things whilst we give them who say they will have go at it, the chance to do just that. 

I'm sure that chav knows what to do, but is standing back to let others have a go - it's and engagement, empowerment, self help sort of thing.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »
Yep Geoff and if I knew how to do that it would be done by now.

There is more of an hold up with community things whilst we give them who say they will have go at it, the chance to do just that. 

I'm sure that chav knows what to do, but is standing back to let others have a go - it's and engagement, empowerment, self help sort of thing.

Hi Muggins, I must sort out how to get the PDF files of Penhill News onto the community website !
I have lots of photos to put up as well.
Well I have got easter to tinker about with it I suppose , in amongst doing me paperwork lol
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 12:25:56 pm »
What's happened to Andy Harrison he seems to have disappeared?

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 03:18:20 pm »
Is that wishful thinking Richard?
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 03:22:29 pm »
Has he had his membership withdrawn for some reason? Do people get 'barred' from TS?

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 03:35:10 pm »
I thought he'd chosen to leave of his own accord.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Ringer

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 03:41:09 pm »
He said in a thread the other day my parting shot is. I did not take that literally but looks like he parted. Maybe it is more a case of his loss not ours :popcorn:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 03:52:50 pm »
Something like trowing out the baby with the bath water comes to mind.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 04:12:15 pm »
Never known Andy to go off in a huff, he's always gone spitting fire, so I can't think anyone would have offended him enough to give up of his own accord.   I haven't read all the threads lately has anyone said anything that bad or, indeed has he?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 05:07:54 pm »

I can't remember his exact words, and I can't be arsed to go hunting for them, but in essence, Andy objected very strongly to my bonkers video and thought I was abusing the TS administration system to keep my video 'up'.

He subsequently deleted his account.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »
What a silly "boy"
Taking this childish action makes me think is he a fit person to represent Penhill?
He had a fit of pique when he left the Labour Group on the council.
It is about time he grew up as he has so much to offer.
A good case of an intelligent person but with no common sense.
Bobby

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.