Author Topic: 12th January 2010  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
12th January 2010
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:50:55 pm »
In December 2009 we upgraded the forum software to the latest version.  In doing so we lost the use of several several mods, (modifications), that we had become used to using very regularly - recurring calendar events, saving draft posts etc, because they were not compatible with the newer, but more secure, version of forum software.

We will reinstall these mods as they become available, (they are coded, (written), by talented enthusiasts), but this may take some time to be updated.

Today we installed a couple of minor mods and moved some of the boards around to 'tidy' the forum up.  Please let us know if you experience difficulties using or navigating around the forum - admin@talkswindon.org

New mods installed:

Welcome post mod: When a new user registers on the forum a welcome is posted at http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?board=202.0

Tidy Child Boards: This mod allows us to place 'child boards', (sub forums), neatly underneath their parent board, hopefully the forum will be slightly easier to navigate and take up less space on your screen!

Let us know if you don't like them or simply prefer the way it was  :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: 12th January 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:05:50 pm »

Not sure about the placement/number of childboards under their parent board.

I think a maximum of 4 child boards under each parent looks and works okay - that's 4 on one horizontal line - any more than means there are two rows of child boards, and that looks untidy I think.

Opinions please  :)

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 01:37:39 pm »
Geoff

Looks Ok to me.
All posts on this forum are my own and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 10:35:57 pm »
Seems fine to me, though if I was a browser, I think I might give up having got down to grandchildren boards (not that I can think of a better way of handling the navigation).
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.