Author Topic: 3,000 more dwellings to be directed West of Swindon  (Read 4260 times)

Offline swindonlinkman

• The best read publication in town
3,000 more dwellings to be directed West of Swindon
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:08:05 pm »
Another 3,000 homes to be tacked onto West Swindon says joint Swindon BC & Wiltshire CC study.

See www.swindonlink.com

Note: there is a public exhibition at Purton on Friday 4 March.

Offline swindonlinkman

Re: 3,000 more dwellings to be directed West of Swindon
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 05:46:23 pm »
Wiltshire Council are still proposing 3,000 homes north of Peatmoor, next to Purton.
See www.swindonlink.com/news/show/1353 for the aerial picture showing how close this is. Check out the public meeting dates in early December, go along and see the full horror.

Combine this with 2,500 homes that Crest wants to build within Swindon Council at Tadpole Lane, and massive traffic congestion, lack of fresh water supply, floods from the River Ray and sewage backing up are a very real possibility.
See Tadpole Lane story at: http://www.swindonlink.com/news/show/1354

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:26:39 pm »
The dam is starting to burst. At less than a week's notice Taylor Wimpey/DPDS consulting are holding a display of plans for 800 homes at Ridgeway Farm on Wednesday 26 May at Roughmoor Social Hall, Swinley Drive, Peatmoor. See details and drawings at www.swindonlink.com

See how the issue has been developing over the last three years at: http://www.swindonlink.com/news/wiltshire-plan-3000-homes-for-swindons-western-border

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:28:36 pm »
Does anybody have contacts in Pembroke Park and also Westlea? Please let them know of the plans for Ridgeway Farm. It might have major impact on flood potential of the River Ray upstream.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 05:37:05 pm »
and what are our two new MP's doing about this situation please?

Come on Robtin  Bucklinson here is your chance to shine or have you forgotten us already?

Nice to see you at Mayor Making today but shouldn't you be in London stopping this nonsense?

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 05:43:09 pm »
The coalition has agreed to scrap the stupid RSS planning system - see extract from the agreement on the site - as Robert stated pre-election. Now they have to give local councils the backbone to resist the demands of housing developer legal teams.

Just added at www.swindonlink.com picture of new mayor and mayoress.

Still awaiting offers of leaflet distributors this weekend to get people to see the plans.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 05:48:42 pm »
Hi Roger call me on 874787 and I will do The Bramptons and the top of Cartwright Drive down to Renault but not Old Shaw Lane or the bottom part of Cartwright.  I think that little lot will keep me amused for the weekend!

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 05:54:33 pm »
Keith Williams is coordinating distribution and I've asked him to contact you asap.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 06:03:34 pm »
KW has been in contact and I will cover the streets in my previous post.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 06:08:18 pm »
TalkSwindon connections operating at warp speed.

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 06:14:45 pm »
TalkSwindon connections operating at warp speed.

pfft warp speed............bad news travels faster ;)
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 10:16:54 am »
Taylor Wimpey claimed to have distributed 9,000 colour leaflets of Wednesdays public consultation via The Star + 2,000 through a separate distribution. Very few, if any, people have seen it. If you live in West Swindon, but did you get it through your door?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 10:20:46 am »
Taylor Wimpey claimed to have distributed 9,000 colour leaflets of Wednesdays public consultation via The Star + 2,000 through a separate distribution. Very few, if any, people have seen it. If you live in West Swindon, but did you get it through your door?

Not on Shaw Ridge Roger, but then I do not receive the Star.

Has anyone heard anything from Robtin Bucklinson on this issue, the silence is deafening here.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 10:27:22 am »
Ask him and let me know: Robert Buckland <robbuckl@globalnet.co.uk>

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 10:30:30 am »
Ask him and let me know: Robert Buckland <robbuckl@globalnet.co.uk>

OK Roger I will but via They work for us - it seems to provoke a response or so I am told.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 06:36:48 pm »
Taylor Wimpey submit application to Wiltshire Council for 800 homes north of Peatmoor, but over the border in Wiltshire. Opposition to be rallied in early 2011. Read about it at: http://bit.ly/ridgeway

Offline Ringer

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 08:53:17 pm »
With this and Coate and Tadpole looks like the Tory MPs are in for the loss of some votes.  :santa_rolleyes:

The Link also has this about an appeal.
http://www.swindonlink.com/news/developer-to-appeal-hook-north-planning-decision

http://www.swindonlink.com/news/developer-appeals-against-grange-park-housing-decision
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 10:59:28 am »
We do not need these houses and Swindon will end up paying for the services that the Council Tax payers of Wiltshire will enjoy.  That is apart from the traffic chaos that will ensue in West Swindon that is already at breaking point and about which Tory Cabinet Member for Transport Peter Greenhalgh is either unwilling or incapable of doing anything about.

Ringer is right if the Tory MP's do not sort out this issue immediately they will lose sufficient votes mine included if they do act immediately to ensure that this issue is quashed now.

Sitting on the fence (something of a habit with the dynamic duo) is no longer an option!

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 04:43:23 am »
One day, perhaps quite soon, the recent protestations and media gurnings of the Freshbrook & Grange Park Councillors  will be seen for what they were: Hollow and hypocritical.

Cllrs Dickinson, Bray & Greenhalgh always knew the developer would appeal, just as they already know that SBC will not robustly oppose the Hook lane development.

About 20 weeks until tricky Dicky is up for re-election.

He won't be getting my vote and I'll set aside some time to make him work hard, (and honestly this time), for every vote he does get.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 09:03:43 am »
Geoff,

When it comes to planning applications, like you say, one councillor, even both or all the councillors in the area can vote against it, but the rest vote for it. It's a very old trick and keeps 'your' councillor from taking the blame.  But sometimes it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't!

The best way to stop the development is to appeal to all of those it will effect and get their names or work against EVERY councillor. 
Who is likely to get voted in, if Cllr Dickinson doesn't?  Will they be more effective at fighting development? 
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.