Author Topic: Swindon's Culture: Where is it, what is it and who's responsible for it?  (Read 10298 times)

Offline Muggins

I think it comes from Swindon Viewpoint having put the previous posting to Mart's, on EVERY thread, effectively mucking up us regular readers from finding the lastest postings about any one subject.    Flipping pest - nothing to do with Swindon Link.  Sod off, was certainly what I thought of the multiple posting and didn't look out of principle.

Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
I'm sorry. I appear to have been posting in an indiscriminate and careless manner.

I accept all censure of course.

By the way, did you know:

You can find a great condensation of Swindon's culture over the years on www.swindonviewpoint.com

Alternatively my greenhouse has an excellent display of condensation as well.

If you meant linguistically (isn't that pasta?) I think it is linked to sodomy and going away and is generally meant to convey a very keen desire for the irritant to depart at pace.

And don't forget:

You can find a great condensation of Swindon's culture over the years on www.swindonviewpoint.com

I say again:

Hope that's cleared things up for everyone. If not they can, erm, sod off.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Looks like Dougal has been round and cleaned up a little.

http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=5717.msg37710#msg37710

Perceptions of what is informative linking and repetitive spamming do vary but I'm with Mart on this one  ;D

Offline OTTC

• Old Town Theatre Company
    • OTTC Website
Swindon's culture might well be likened to an iceberg; most people are unaware that 90 per cent of it actually exists!
For instance, amateur theatre is thriving here with the Old Town Theatre Company (OTTC) at its heart.

Who else in Swindon would be brave enough to stage 'Life of Brian', '1984', or 'Hamlet'?

And, right now, there's an opportunity to be part of the cultural scene in Swindon by coming to an OTTC open audition for our next play, 'Swimming with Sharks' by Michael Lesslie. It's a gritty, pulls-no-punches tale of Hollywood executives.

The auditions are open to non-members and are very friendly and informal. Be warned though! Culture, in this respect, is all about hard work, commitment and teamwork, whilst being great fun and hugely rewarding as well!

If you're interested, here are the times and dates...

Tuesday 8 June at 7.30pm
Lawn Community Centre
Guildford Avenue
Swindon
SN3 1LA

Thursday 10 June at 7.30pm
The Studio
Swindon Arts Centre
Devizes Road
Swindon
SN1 4BJ

If you’re interested in attending but can’t make either of these dates, please email us at ottcenquiries@googlemail.com

Or, if you'd just like to find out more about OTTC and its contribution to culture in Swindon, visit our website at www.swindonweb.com/ottc

Offline swindonlinkman

• The best read publication in town
And then there is the Big Arts extravaganza in Lydiard Park on Saturday 10 July. Are you busily making bunting for the world record attempt? www.bigartsday.co.uk

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.