Author Topic: Gordon Brown's terror claims for ID cards are 'bunkum' says GCHQ expert  (Read 741 times)

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
Harvey Mattinson, a consultant at the information technology arm of GCHQ, said that the only real value of identity cards would be to help state bodies share information about people.

Mr Mattinson is a former senior official at the Cabinet Office who now advises GCHQ's Communications-Electronics Security Group.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/3280098/Gordon-Browns-terror-claims-for-ID-cards-are-bunkum-says-GCHQ-expert.html
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Krippers

• Power chord of discord is my chord
When I put forward the same conclusion to Meg Hillier she could only come out with a vague statistic of how 70% of people polled said they would have an ID card if it stopped terrorism. She was unable to respond to a statement to the effect that it would have been interesting to know how many people would have been positive if they had been informed that all of the London bombers could have been on the NIR and all could have been carrying an ID card when they detonated their bombs.
In a world bereft of hope, lost to immeasurable inhumanity,   entrenched in commercial exploitation, devoid of hope, where's my underpants?

Offline Mart

• Charter Member
  • Never fight an inanimate object.
gordnon brown's claims for everything are bunkum, and you don't need to be an expert to know that.

A national ID card is a crock, everyone know's it, except the f*ckwits who get to make the decisions on our behalf.

The national ID card simply joins a long list of impositions, fudges and catastrophes foisted upon us, I reckon you could probably draw up a list of such inane stupidities and vanity projects in alphabetical order using every letter of the alphabet.

As long as government has tame 'experts' with their trunks in the trough they will find 'credible' support for their crackpot ideas for the centralisation and recording of everything.

government will eventual be one department 'The Department of Central Everything', it will sit in Wankum.
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.