Author Topic: mobile issues!  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
mobile issues!
« on: July 25, 2008, 06:20:20 pm »
i can log into talkswindon but as soon as i go to view a board i recieve "cannot load [kick_user_template]" does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? :'(
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Re: mobile issues!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 07:23:51 pm »
test post. i have just installed opera mini on my phone and it works like a dream

http://www.getjar.com/products/3334/OperaMini
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: mobile issues!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:39:13 pm »

Yep, I'm aware of this.

There's a very small bug in one of the wap2 php templates which isn't working properly.

Some users using their phones to view Talkswindon will be able to guest view and log in successfully, but as soon as they attempt to post will receive a 'cannot load kick_guest template' message and be unable to post.

I couldn't replicate the fault on my Blackberry until I deleted all pushed content from it, (TIP: If you can view and post from your phone DO NOT DELETE PUSHED CONTENT), at which point I replicated the fault perfectly and completely lost the ability to post.

The 'wap2 kick guest template' is part of the forum software which constantly checks whether a viewer is entitled to view and post a reply...or just view. 

Hopefully I'll find 30 minutes early next week and repair the dodgy bit of code.  Bear with me  :)

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.