Author Topic: The Old Canal and the Old Town Railway Cutting  (Read 6698 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: The Old Canal and the Old Town Railway Cutting
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 06:22:54 pm »
No doubt if I dug deep enough I'd have some report or other on it, but a better faster bet is The Link Mag - so come on Roger
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 09:57:08 pm »
I thought the letters on each wheel spelt out a word. I'm sure some of the ones nearer to Old Town do.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 06:51:45 pm »
Hi All

Thanks for your contributions. ;)
All posts on this forum are my own and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 09:34:39 pm »
i mentioned this to one of the Parks officers in work a few days ago and blow me down if he hasn't found some stuff.

its scanned into a pdf file that is too large to upload, but i extracted the from pics it.

I have been trying to post them but can't for some reason, so i'll attach them as best i can.

any chance you admin guys can get them to display?

[oversized attachment >100k deleted by admin]
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 09:38:12 pm »
B****r was that all i had to do? here's another

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 09:39:31 pm »
one assumes thats the artist Alec Peever then

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 09:45:39 pm »
Steve, just had a few texts to and from the source of the photo's he says that theres a good chance this will be lost in the upcoming office moves, rather than be forced to bin stuff like this to make room in the new offices, can he get this scanned and sent to you for storage/ saving?

let me know and i'll pass it on

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 10:04:54 pm »
Hi TB

Yes please put them in the internal post to me at the Civic Offices. I would be very grateful.
All posts on this forum are my own and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 10:40:49 pm »
theres a good chance this will be lost in the upcoming office moves, rather than be forced to bin stuff like this to make room in the new offices, can he get this scanned and sent to you for storage/ saving?

Good on you Steve and TeaBoy.  Can I suggest that they get displayed in Old Town Museum which is quite near the  Railway Path?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 03:38:32 pm »
And the Swindon Society and Main Library?
Lifes not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. - Cherralea Morgen

Offline Lou Hamilton

• Hello !
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 11:07:38 pm »
I am Lou Hamilton and I can confirm that I am a digital artist and filmmaker. I also sculpted The Wish-Hounds in Croft Woods in Swindon and a series of 'wheels' for Sustrans along the old railway track outside Marlborough. However I didn't make the five stone wheels that are shown in the photos but I am intrigued to know if anyone finds out who did! My website if you're interested in www.createlab.co.uk

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 11:36:17 pm »
I am Lou Hamilton and I can confirm that I am a digital artist and filmmaker. I also sculpted The Wish-Hounds in Croft Woods in Swindon and a series of 'wheels' for Sustrans along the old railway track outside Marlborough. However I didn't make the five stone wheels that are shown in the photos but I am intrigued to know if anyone finds out who did! My website if you're interested in www.createlab.co.uk
Hi Lou, welcome to TS.

I can not get onto your web site. Is it just me?

Offline Drone

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 06:25:55 am »
ooh - I've seen your piece at the History Centre in Chippenham! It's very good!
derp derp herp herp derp

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.