Author Topic: So Many Forums!  (Read 3044 times)

Offline PAV

So Many Forums!
« on: January 18, 2008, 12:00:40 pm »
As a newbie, I was somewhat dumbstruck by the sheer number of different forums on here. Why not amalgamate some of them together, particularly the ones that have less than ten threads in them?

For example - the "Save Lower Shaw Farm Campaign" Forum only has six threads and only one of those threads "Save Lower Shaw Farm" is active. The same with "The Swindon Flood Forum
", 6 threads and "Coate Development" which only has 9 threads.

Just an idea.

Offline Tobes

• Charter Member
  • Prehistoric bones in fields of russets and rust
Re: So Many Forums!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »
Hiya PAV - welcome over to TS!

I actually quite like the number of forums - I think its what helps make the difference between 'chat' and debate. here people can find areas of specific special interest a little more easily.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Re: So Many Forums!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:18:42 pm »

As a newbie, I was somewhat dumbstruck by the sheer number of different forums on here. Why not amalgamate some of them together, particularly the ones that have less than ten threads in them?

For example - the "Save Lower Shaw Farm Campaign" Forum only has six threads and only one of those threads "Save Lower Shaw Farm" is active. The same with "The Swindon Flood Forum
", 6 threads and "Coate Development" which only has 9 threads.

Just an idea.

Could do....could do, but we think both 'save LSF and 'Coate' have a long way to go yet.

We understand your points and from time to time we do shuffle topics around and rearrange the board order according to current interest/activity, but probably not in a fashion that will ever appeal to those of minimalist persuasion.  :) 

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.