Author Topic: Adver - ID Card won't change ways of criminals  (Read 904 times)

Offline Lynda

• Charter Member
  • "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    • NO2ID Swindon
Adver - ID Card won't change ways of criminals
« on: April 27, 2007, 01:31:47 pm »
The Adver's online letter page seems to be terminally offline, hence no link available.
This in today's paper

Anne Snelgrove said ( BBC politics show Sunday April 22) that people she speaks to say of ID Cards ‘ if it stops illegal activity, stops crime and identity theft they’re all for it’

I can’t blame them for their views – I may re-consider my opposition the National register too if it were possible for a piece of plastic to eradicate such crime.

As the Home office itself declares that ID Cards will not affect the most highly touted of the Government’s ID Card benefits; terrorism  - I wonder that Ms Snelgrove can espouse such rhetoric.

Identity theft will be far more attractive with the National Database that sits behind the innocuous ID Card – currently there is no joined up thinking between the Government’s databases, the National Register will change that.

Britain is the most watched nation on earth with a CCTV on almost every corner, many criminals already carry some form of ID ( really who doesn’t?) all these criminals have been recorded with their ID Cards in their pockets. To suggest that criminals will change their nefarious ways because they are forced to enrol on the National database along with all the rest of us, have a Government ID Card along with the rest of us is just silly.

Lynda Warren

NO2ID Swindon

Lynda  NO2ID 07802 151464  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.